At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens EDA – A Siemens Business, is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software solutions that help engineers around the world design and manufacture new and highly innovative electronic products. Each year, our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics to deliver smaller, faster, and more reliable products that run the world’s high-tech devices.Position Overview
We are looking for a highly motivated software quality engineer to join a tight-knit and productive team supporting layout viewing and editing tools. These high-capacity and high-performance tools are a key part of the industry-leading Calibre platform and key to our customers’ success in building chips for the semiconductor industry.
In this role you will use your test experience to further improve the quality and delivery of our products, across the full release cycle. We are looking for an individual who pays good attention to detail, is logical and has an analytical mind-set, with strong problem-solving skills.Responsibilities:
As part of the Results Viewer/Calibre Interactive project team you will be responsible for verification and test of Siemen’s interface technologies and graphical user interfaces. Additional quality assurance responsibilities include:
- Involved in the design, development, and execution of functional and regression tests used to measure correctness, adaptability, performance, and overall quality.
- Collaborate with senior software engineers, quality assurance specialists, marketing, and customer support professionals to help deliver timely product releases that meet our customer’s needs.
- Provide all partners with appropriate regression reports in a timely manner.
- Encouraged to take advantage of opportunities provided to improve technical and job-related skills, such as developing additional product breadth and business skills!
- Use your leadership and innovation, to develop procedures and tools needed to improve the QA process and assist developers in making design trade-offs and risk analysis assessments.
- Technical degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of software quality assurance processes and experience with maintaining regression test suites.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to thrive and grow in a multifaceted multi-site fast-paced development environment.
- Exposure to CAD/CAE environments such as:
- EDA verification tools like DRC, LVS, Parasitic Extraction
- EDA full custom layout tools/place and route tools
- EDA layout viewers
- Experience with Squish testing infrastructure a plus
- Knowledge of software quality assurance processes and experience with maintaining regression test suites is helpful
- GUI application development in a Linux environment using Tcl/Tk or Qt
- Experience developing or testing products written in an object-oriented language
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're passionate about the uniqueness that people like you offer. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the teams building them. We can't wait to read your application.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.