Project Procurement Management Professional
Gurgaon | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Handles, controls and monitors all Procurement & required Purchasing activities in a project. Establishes and maintains Procurement/Sourcing strategies targeting maximum contribution to the operating result under the consideration of product/service availability & quality and guaranteeing the observance of the Procurement processes.
- Project Procurement standards: Establish proper sourcing processes, control all Procurement resources & activities in the project or area of responsibility and inform all involved within Procurement to deliver optimum impact for the business (Procurement plan, target-costing) & Procurement targets and meet requirements relating to budget, availability, and quality. Apply Procurement regulations as per Compliance, organization standards and PM @Siemens.
- Bid preparation / Contribution to increased hit rate: Support project calculation with reliable and up-to-data cost data. Include (supplier) innovations and preferred supplier/product portfolios that improve Siemens' cost position and/or the customer's benefit.
- Negotiation: Lead contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular those not covered by any Commodity Management) to secure project targets with optimum conditions e.g. Total Cost of Ownership (ToCO). Conduct e Sourcing activities on the basis of ANC.
- Supplier Management: Establish/apply preferred supplier list, provide supplier information to the project team, conduct supplier qualifications with SQM & project-specific supplier evaluations and supplier development activities. Follow-up with suppliers in regard to NCC costs.
- Knowledge management and documentation: Be proactive and forward systematically all relevant Procurement information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants and relevant cross-functional partners up to date. Sensitize cross-functional partners for Procurement related practices processes and metrics.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 10-12 years in project procurement along with degree in Electrical Engineering. Additionally, experience in Project Procurement for Turnkey electrical projects & Bids is required.
- Have a strategic and analytical bent of mind and comfortable in presenting well thought out recommendation’s basis underlying data.
- Proven track record of working in a matrix organization and experience in working with multiple stakeholders along with techno-commercial knowledge is preferred.
- Good knowledge of SAP & Excel will be a plus.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time