Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
• Develop new R&D concepts and schemes based on new ‘design to cost’ ideas. Study and prepare cost optimized auxiliary scope. Conduct internal R&D and external stakeholders reviews to finalize the concepts for their technical and commercial requirements fulfilling.
• Carry out detail Engineering, Planning and Scheduling for below electrical package for power generating station in order to meet performance and contract specification.
• Generator and Excitation system, generator protection and synchronizing
• Protection setting calculation and relay parameterization, CT/VT sizing calculation
• Generator line and neutral cubicle, MV/LV switchgear and Busduct
• Cable and earthing engineering, Battery and UPS system
• Responsible for optimization of electrical systems. Interacting with global R&D experts, other engineering / operations groups, interfaces to ensure timely completion of project milestones.
• Provide R&D support to engineering and Project Management teams on technical issues, support in cost control. Responsible for global roll-out and sub-supplier qualification.
• Interact with vendors and supply chain personnel for freezing the specifications and technical requirements (pre order and post order) in order to meet the customer contract requirements and keep project within cost.
• Review design development packages and explore further need for Cost Optimization across various packages and value engineering.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Engineering Graduate (Electrical) with 5-8 years of experience in handling plant engineering activities of industrial steam turbines plant projects. M.Tech. candidates will be preferred.
· Sound technical knowhow of electrical packages for power generating station.
· Conversant with Indian and International codes & standards viz IS, IEC, IEEE, etc. Conversant with guidelines followed in Power plants like CBIP, CEA, etc.
· Experience of execution of projects with oil & gas customers will be an added advantage.
· Well versed with AutoCAD electrical drawings and Microsoft office.
· Attitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time