Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Compliance Expert
The Healthineers Compliance Expert will report to the Head of Compliance North America and will protect business interests and ensure resolution/addressing of compliance issues. The Compliance Expert will help implement and support the Compliance strategies of Siemens Healthineers including Varian and will champion the Ethical Compliance program by designing and implementing learning programs focused on motivating, engaging, and educating a committed and ethical workforce. This position will serve as the learning and design expert, additionally, they will be responsible for assisting with internal and external communications surrounding policies and procedures, ethical interactions with healthcare providers, healthcare organizations, and foreign governmental officials.
- Ensure conformance with applicable laws and regulations
- Conceptualizes, manages, leads and coordinates compliance processes and procedures.
- Conceptualizes, develops, conducts and directs the implementation of related training/training materials on compliance topics for the relevant functions.
- Ensure implementation, monitoring and auditing of the Siemens Compliance System
- Work with compliance program subject matter experts to design and develop innovative and engaging compliance presentations and e-learning modules around global compliance.
- Work with compliance program subject matter experts to design and develop communications, presenter and training aids, and supporting resources in various media formats (i.e., Word, Pdf, PowerPoint, video, animations, etc.) around global compliance and legal topics.
- Lead the deployment, assignment or e-learning modules within the Learning Management System to ensure compliance
- Conduct live training and presentations on compliance related topics, as needed.
- Act as an trusted advisor to Management of various functions with respect to compliance matters
- Develops & ensures implementation of the compliance communication strategy to foster a values-based culture
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal risk management; observe risk trends for the industry and help implementing risk mitigation measures
- Proactively function as compliance representative toward external constituencies, further strengthening Siemens position as compliance benchmark.
- Assist and ensure conformance with Compliance related matters in M&A projects from the due diligence phase to final integration and/or divestment
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal, regulatory and political environments in the compliance areas
- Commitment to promoting Siemens’s mission and values
- Strong process management skills
- Strong leadership skills and value orientation
- Business results and customer orientation
- Experience in risk assessment and strategic approach to risk mitigation
- Proven ability to independently lead and execute all facets of challenging multi-disciplinary engagements with highest integrity and ethics
- Highly effective negotiation, communication, listening and drafting skills for interaction with senior managers and executive leadership within a global and matrixed organization
- Familiarity with commercial law, particularly within the healthcare environment
- Understanding of the regulatory environment, including FDA regulations, anti-kickback laws, fraud and abuse statutes, data protection and privacy laws applicable to medical device manufacturers
- Demonstrated skill in working collaboratively with multiple teams simultaneously and coordinating with multi-jurisdictional and multi-cultural transaction partners
- Excellent and detailed research and analytical skills
- Change management experience
Job Family Specific Responsibilities:
Ensures conformance with applicable laws and regulations and ensures risk awareness and mitigation measures to be implemented for global Siemens Healthineers.
Maintains advanced knowledge of legal and political developments in the compliance area and safeguards corporate interests in relevant legislative procedures. Prepares periodic compliance reporting to management and, as appropriate, to regulatory bodies.
Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field. Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes. Displays original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems.
BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization’s business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 7 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above required.
Direction of Others
Develops team members through mentoring and coaching in complex subjects.
Key Working Relationship
Serves as key member of Head of Compliance North America and serves as advisor to top management and business partners on advanced technical matters.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.