Sustainability Technology Expert
We are looking for a technology expert for sustainability program, who understand overall industry impact to our planet, knows the latest development of climate change protocol, and technology can simulate/reduce natural resource usage or carbon emission during full value chain of Siemens product. At same time, he/she is familiar with regulatory aspects across countries and implications of product carbon footprint policy/measures.
What are my responsibilities?
• Understand Carbon footprint for whole value chain and able to identify product carbon content transparency and de-carbon measures throughout full value chain including raw material, manufacturing process, logistic, etc.
• Drive synergy of carbon footprint and cost optimization.
• Provide solution to R&D to reduce raw material usage, increase recycle material usage during design phase and mass production process.
• Work with SCM Sustainability Manager and Commodity Manager to promote sustainability program at supplier site, provide technical support to implement carbon reduction program.
• Apply Green Digital Twin within TcPCM environment in synergy with Digital Twin of Cost, to provide carbon content transparency for purchased material, as part of Cost Value Engineering project output, contribute to continuous optimization of Green Digital Twin tool sets.
• As representative for China, share/report local sustainability program development to global sustainability community.
• Promote sustainability initiative/projects across all related functions/business within Siemens, by knowledge/BP sharing, training and workshops.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor or above education background, preferred in Material Science Engineering, Environmental Protection Engineering or other industry engineering principle;
• 10+ years of experience in R&D/ Engineering, Component Engineer, Product Manager, R&D Project manager or manufacturing engineering in automotive industry or chemical/process industry;
• Experience in Cost Value Engineering is preferred, in particular in cost structure analysis (TcPCM environment).
• Strong communication skills and teamwork skills.
• Good project management skills, commercial knowledge.
• Experiences in different cultural environments, collaboration in cross- functional project teams.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.