We are looking for a customer-facing Material Technical Coordinator to add to our Mobility Customer Service – Multi-State (WASHDOT/IDOT) team. This role will assist in process development and maintenance, continuous improvement activities, and operations support. In addition, you will have proven the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, fluid environment while meeting project initiatives, as you will assist the engineering and planning group in material-related issues and coordinate warehouse activities throughout the project. We're looking for someone highly organized, with excellent attention to detail and communication and follow-up skills - if this describes you, we'd love to have you join our team!Here's what success looks like:
- Ensure a safe working environment for everyone while on customer and Siemens' properties.
- Assist with material identification/validation for maintenance.
- Operational oversight of the assigned project's material and logistics, including transportation budget and costs.
- Collaborate with customers for processing any claims and invoices. These meetings may include traveling (up to 30%) between Seattle and Chicago.
- Coordinate with Material Planner and Central Warehouse for the continued flow of standard fulfillment, emergency material needs, and other material/logistics requirements
- Run performance metrics for store teams to include the impact of material available on fleet availability (LHFM, BAM, etc.)
- Participate in crafting new project requirement documents and supervising their progress. Maintain shipping policies and procedures.
- Lead inventory cycle count activities of material at all locations. Will work across functions to ensure the cycle time of return inventory at each process handoff.
- Communicate shipment progress/movement and other equipment-related matters in a consistent and timely manner.
- Capture, analyze, and summarize data to prepare and develop visual charts, graphs, and presentations for daily and monthly reports.
- High School diploma or GED required; College degree preferred.
- Professional experience in logistics coordination, management experience preferred. The preferred candidate will have experience in the railway industry or corresponding experience in a related field.
- Strong technical background is helpful (knowledge of electronics and diesel engine technologies).
- ERP and MRP system knowledge and experience (SAP or Oracle)
- Familiarity with various MS Office applications (Excel, Access, PPT, Word, TEAMS, Power BI, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements and per accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.