The Electrification and Automation Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
Energy systems are changing dramatically and in the world of digitalization, automation, and electrification the Digital Grid portfolio has products, solutions, and services to meet the most demanding challenges.
Siemens Electrification and Automation – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
Scope of Position
The successful candidate is a technical expert, who is responsible for fostering growth and generating Sales bookings for Substation Automation and Protections products from the Utility markets through Direct Route OR Channels( Panel Builders, OEMs) in the assigned territory . The following responsibilities and skills describe the requirements for this position:
- The Territory Sales Manager works in close collaboration with the Siemens Account Managers in the Siemens Energy Sales , EIS CP&C Sales and IIS Sales ( Regional Sales Organizations) , leveraging the reach and relationship of the account managers to make a strong technical pitch for the products and thereafter ramping up the order income . The Territory Managers also works on identifying new prospects either independently or working in close collaboration with the Regional Sales Organizations – Driving Order intake in assigned territory on a Monthly, quarterly and Annual basis
- Develop a Go to Market model of profitable Sales for Protection, Automation and Power Quality Products/Systems through Channels: Medium Voltage and Low Voltage Panels builders/ OEMs( industry/ Utiity/Infra), High Voltage Panel Builders and OEMs, Distributors, Retrofit Partners via sales campaigns to influence Siemens products
- Strategically building Business with Utilities , by driving Homologation/standardization of SIPROTEC and SICAM portfolio in their standards – leveraging AEs and Sales organization, thereby increasing product and system revenue from the utility segment YoY
- Develop Relationship and Strategy with Key Influencers to achieve Annual Frame agreements with Channels (OEMs and Panel Builders) to produce orders for Products and Systems
- Working closely with Utility Consultants for influencing Specifications and generate Sales for Substation Automation Systems and Control Protection Panels, leveraging support of Local Application Engineers
- Ability to Steer Technical Discussions on Subject Matter with Channels and work with End users (Utilities/Consultants) for approvals for Siemens Products and Systems, thereby increasing Sales from Channels
- Developing complete Ownership and a vision for Key Products (SIPROTEC and SICAM) in the assigned territory for ramping Factory Order volume
- Technical sales activities involving such matters as proposal development, pricing development, risk assessment and technical sales strategies.
- Participate in account planning activities with Siemens Sales to ensure the best technical solution strategies for growth are established and implemented through value proposition development.
- Support Product Life-Cycle Management process (PLM) in creating technical requirement documentation based on global and local market needs for development or adaptation of future products, solutions, and systems.
- Provide technical guidance and training to customers and develop associated recommendations for ongoing business growth.
- Leading Strategic and Pricing Discussions with HQ within the Siemens guidelines of ethics and conduct to maximize Market share for Products and systems
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 5+ years of total experience in the domain of Substation, Automation and Protection. A Masters in EE with a Power Systems focus and 2+ years of experience can be substituted in lieu of 5+ years of experience.
- 3-5 years experience in the design and configuration of different substation, automation and protection systems with Core Understanding of Protection Algorithms and Automation Platforms is an added advantage
- Strong technical knowledge of Transmission and Distribution equipment and Grid operations
- A business management degree is an added advantage
- Strong communication skills to lead vision plans for the assigned territories
- Strong Digital Sales and Marketing Skills to expand reach and build brand recognition
- Ability to work in Teams laterally and engage with management for engaging and influencing with customers to maximize Sales
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Strong customer management and relationship skills across all levels to have high brand recognition for Siemens with customers
- 5 Years of Sales and Business Development Experience in Substation Automation and Protection products and systems with Utility, Industry and Infrastructure Markets is desired.
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
* The Territory Sales Manager can live anywhere within the territory. Not required to live in the city listed.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.