Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Under the direction of your supervisor, you will conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and general servicing of HVAC control systems (including detailed troubleshooting). You will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on-site customer interaction. You also will be responsible for completing required project and service documentation. Your focus will be on Service, with occasional Project support.
- Diagnose and repair routine electronic control system malfunctions.
- Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings, when assisting on projects
- Communicate with customers upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
- Meet regularly with customers to become familiar with operating problems.
- Keep customers informed of the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommended system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs.
- Promote the sale of add-on work.
- Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, time, and customer satisfaction standards.
- Report problems or changes to management immediately.
- May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations.
- Deliver manuals and documentation to customers for training. Support the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Compile job documentation, such as certificates of completion, customer training forms, training certificates, and punch lists.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and servicing electronic control or HVAC equipment; 7+ years preferred for Senior, 3-5 years preferred for Level II, 1+ years preferred for Level I. For Entry-Level, proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skills
- Ability to travel 10%
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, and ability to test and write modifications to systems software in multiple languages for Senior Level
- Experience and/or aptitude with low voltage systems and signals
- Skilled in programming, start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting complex projects for Senior Level and Level II
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low-voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols, such as BACnet, N2, Modbus, etc. for Senior Level and Level II
- Familiarity with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Punctuality with employees and customers is critical, and along with routine delivery of daily time entries and site safety surveys.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.