Summary of T CN
Officially opened in 2006, Siemens Technology China is the company’s largest research branch outside Germany, holding nearly 11,000 active patents and patent applications in China. ~300 scientists work in world-class innovation labs in Beijing, Shanghai, Suzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan, Wuxi, Qingdao, etc. We leverage our Company Core Technologies across all businesses for the long-term success of Siemens and its customers. Adhering to the mission of “Be Local, Be Global, Be Open”, Siemens Technology China is dedicating to research, development and innovation, providing a strong boost to businesses and actively participating in the local R&D ecosystem, building & maintaining the long-term strategic partnership with Tsinghua University and other institutions.
1. Define IP strategy with research groups and implement IP strategy and to contribute biz goal,
2. Work with inventors and research team for invention harvesting, handling invention disclosure, patent application drafting, office action and patent filing, including PCT and prosecution in US and EP.
3. Effective IP risk management, e.g., searching, patent clearing, freedom-to-act analysis, validity opinion, other legal advice, etc. Handle nullity actions, re-examinations, etc.
4. Ensure IP ownership, e.g., contract, IP policy, full chain of ownership in company database.
5. Exploit IP and IP commercialization.
6. Manage outside counsel: instruction, quality, costs, and compliance control.
7. Other work assigned by supervisor.
8. Providing business-oriented IP legal counseling within assigned area to support business thereof.
9. Identifying chances that the IP law provides.
10. The capability to be a mentor to guide others.
11. Support on IP evaluation and IP portfolio management.
1. At least 5 years’ IP experience in Firms and MNC preferred, especially Patent experience in Digitalization, Information technology, Communication, Software Engineering.
2. Chinese Patent Bar is a must.
3. Strong familiarity with IP related laws.
4. Able to process flood of information appropriately and quickly.
5. Able to describe things clearly in English & Chinese (oral and writing);
6. Strong communicator with research group heads and their team with different culture background.
7. Strong skill in patent application drafting, OA, and search.
What is my Future development?
Siemens as leading company in digitalization world with huge platform will provide sufficient professional training/ guidance in IP filed and all digital related topics and development room to develop.
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time