Sustainability Material Expert
Your new field of activity - challenging and future-oriented
- In your new role you will work in the product development team of SIMATIC mechanical design and are jointly responsible for the development and implementation of future sustainability strategy with a focus on sustainable product design.
- Your job includes introducing new materials and technologies in the field of plastics, metals, printed circuit boards and surfaces and introducing KPIs for traceability.
- You carry out accounting methods for environmental aspects at product level and part level (e.g. LCA) and support with customer-specific inquiries on material topics and in sustainability aspects.
- You keep an eye on the worldwide increase in legal requirements and standards for our used materials and substances and implement them in product design.
- You are in close contact with our national and international suppliers and SIEMENS departments and inform yourself about new developments and technologies.
- You are one of the contact persons within the organization and present information, research results and project information.
Your qualifications - well-founded and adequate
- You have successfully completed a Master / PHD degree in sustainable management and technology, materials, chemical or engineering sciences or a comparable qualification with a strong focus on sustainability and sustainable materials.
- You convince with many years of professional experience in product development, preferably in the field of electronic or electromechanical components.
- You have a strong personal interest and motivation for sustainability and thus bring in-depth knowledge in the field of secondary materials, material recycling and circular economy with.
- Ideally, you already have experience with worldwide, legal regulations for product-related environmental protection such as RoHS, REACH, WEEE, eco design guidelines, life cycle assessments.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the plastics, metals and coatings industries.
- Personally, you are characterized by a high level of self initiative and you can deal with topics independently, develop concepts from them and work in cross-functional teams.
- You master the preparation and presentation of content on the shop floor and management level.
- nglish language are no problem for you.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time