Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career in amazing Alaska where you can showcase your Fire Sprinkler expertise and your passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can enjoy a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens--because we need a NICET sprinkler expert who would love to fulfill their need for an Alaskan adventure, and we can help you get there!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This intermediate inspector position performs inspection, testing, and maintenance on fire sprinkler systems and other water-based systems in accordance with all national and local standards.
- Provide inspection, testing, and service for wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge fire sprinkler systems, standpipes, backflow preventors, fire hydrants, and fire pumps per NFPA 25.
- Complete required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations
- Discuss noted deficiencies with customers as well as remedies, pricing, and follow up on corrective actions
- Follow and maintain highly structured inspection schedules
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed. Generate reports within Siemens tools and upload to required city municipalities’ websites
- Complete service ticket documentation as well as inspection reports before leaving customer site
- Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assist with training
- Work overtime when needed
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures
- Complete required training and certifications within the time requirements for this role
- Provide hands-on training and coaching of entry level inspectors
- Maintain vehicles stock, tools, and equipment.
- Follow corporate policies related to vehicle use and care.
- This position supports a Siemens customer that requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing Inspections, Testing, and Maintenance (ITM) of Fire Sprinkler and/or Fire Life Safety Systems; 5 years for Senior level.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents required
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Must obtain NICET Certification in Inspection and Testing Water-Based Systems Level II or Alaska State Certification NICET-IIA within three months to retain position
- Experience estimating Service repairs preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Must have good customer-facing and customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred
- Experience with Fire Alarm, Fire Extinguishers, Emergency Lighting, and other Life Safety services preferred
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.