Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever traveled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how much software is needed to run the train? How the software works together with the brakes, doors or lighting? A train is a complex multilayer system, composed of mechanical engineering (body of the train), Train Control responsible for the safe operation of the train and Train IT responsible for passenger comfort and train management.
We are Siemens Mobility Train IT team, and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
What will be your challenge?
In your new role, you will become part of our European SW Engineering team and develop the next generation of PPCE (Packaging Process Collaboration Environment) tool for trains. You will develop PPCE based on familiar Creo tool for efficient analysis, detection and documentation of 3D collisions analysis between individual modules. PPCE provides specific evaluations for the designer, analysis for design consultants specific to types of activity or overall evaluations for the project manager.
… in detail:
- Be a member of an agile international development team
- Design software modules
- Write clean product code in a test-driven way
- Develop automated integration tests
What skills and qualifications should you ideally have to become part of our team?
- 3+ years of experience in Java development
- 1+ years of experience in MySQL Server development
- JEE server implementation
- 1+ years of experience with Scrum/Kanban and CI/CD, TDD or XP
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Git
- Proficiency in English – at our company, you will use it daily
This would set you apart from other candidates:
- CAD knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Creo Elements/View
- Knowledge of Prime Faces GUI Library
- Experience in the railway industry
- German language
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time