- The main objective of the position is to work on the STAR-CCM+ Surface Preparation team to improve meshing workflows and user interactions for geometry preparation and mesh generation.
- Working from home is an option, but we prefer candidates located near one of our primary development offices (e.g. Austin, TX, Lebanon, NH, Coralville, IA, …).
- We will help you achieve your goals by surrounding you with smart, engaged colleagues from around the world that generously share their time to help you learn STAR-CCM+, the discipline of creating high quality software, and improve your understanding of the fascinating and challenging problems our customers work with us to solve.
- This may include developing user interface tools and developing tools and infrastructure for tying together meshing algorithms.
- Working with product managers, application specialists, and fellow developers to understand the requirements of our present (and future) internal and external customers
- Designing and implementing software solutions in support of those customers in the area of meshing
- Testing and fixing code written by you (and sometimes others)
- Reviewing code written by other developers within your team
- Writing automated tests to ensure code reliability and prevent regressions
- Expertise in implementing cohesive, well-structured, object-oriented, C++ code
- Experience writing cohesive, well-structured Java code
- M.S. or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Visualization or a related discipline
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to both colleagues and stakeholders outside of the team
- Demonstrate understanding of CAE software packages
- Developing software in a commercial environment
- Developing CAE software
- Developing meshing algorithms
- Use of multi-team, collaborative software development including source control, collaborative design, and code review
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Knowledge of message passing parallel computing, e.g. MPI.
- Knowledge of shared memory parallel computing (multi-threaded computing), e.g. OpenMP
- Developing software on both Linux and Windows
- Understanding of 3D-CAD modeling concepts such as NURBS and B-Splines
- Engineering simulation software experience
- Using meshing packages
- You’ll be working with smart, engaged colleagues from around the world to solve our customers’ most challenging problems in a diverse array of applications
- You’ll have fun creating innovative solutions through your day-to-day work and focused innovation events, such as hackathons
- You’ll be exposed to / and learn about fast evolving technologies, such as digital twin and machine learning
- You’ll have a voice in improving our products and processes
- You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and advance your career in a company that offers an expansive array of job opportunities
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a competitive benefit/reward package, employee discounts, etc.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.