System Integration and Testing Engineering Manager – Santa Clara, CA
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.About The Team
We are looking for a System Integration and Testing Engineering Manager to lead a team responsible for end-to-end verification of the Enlighted IoT system. The Enlighted system is composed of many software and hardware components. These components cover the range from small embedded devices (our sensors, asset tags, etc.), on-site communication and processing nodes (e.g. our gateway and edge devices), to large-scale cloud software services running on a variety of systems (e.g. data ingest, analytics, web applications, etc.). Many hardware and software components are developed by Enlighted, but some are developed under contract or purchased as third-party devices to integrate into our system. This leads to a complex set of components and requirements that need to be aligned and tested to ensure compatibility whenever we add a new device, release a new software component, etc. The System Integration and Test Engineering team ensures that our IoT system is designed and tested to work end-to-end, catching potential integration issues before they are released and delivering a world-class IoT experience to our customers.Responsibilities
As the functional manager for Enlighted’s System Integration and Testing team, you will:
- Be responsible for all Enlighted IoT system-level testing. This includes reviewing and generating functional and non-functional requirements at the systems level, developing and executing test plans, and signing off on new component releases from a systems perspective.
- Ensure we always have the capacity and skillsets to execute on the teams’ mission. Make recommendations for staff levels and training, manage hiring activities, etc.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of your team by driving automation activities
- Manage the flow of work for the team. Using our company-wide Jira instance and established procedures for planning, ensure that the organisation has complete visibility into the teams’ backlog and testing schedule and that the team is completing system-level tests for on-time delivery of a planned release.
- Make sure everyone knows their part. Develop roles, responsibilities, and processes to help your team to succeed.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, ownership, and open communication within your team.
- Work with other engineering teams to establish strong working relationships, shared processes, etc. Proactively identify areas of concern and work with your peers to resolve them.
- Ensure that team processes, procedures, test plans, and other important documentation is maintained on our company Sharepoint.
- Get hands on to support your team. This will include configuring devices, running tests, attending planning meetings, reviewing requirements, etc.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering) or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Previous experience working at a systems level, preferably in the IoT space. Examples may include designing and running complex system-level tests, performing systems integration of individual components, developing specifications for inter-device communication, etc.
- Work history that shows the motivation and capability to lead a team. Previous formal management experience is not a strict requirement but it’s essential to demonstrate that you are ready to step into a management role.
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.