Siemens DISW (Digital Industry Software) is creating exciting new opportunities in the collaboration of mechanical and electrical software design tools. The STS Division is an innovative group, producing world-class simulation products for thermal and fluid analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). We have developed an enviable reputation in our market over the last 30 years and are producing state-of-the-art products that deliver targeted solutions to our customers’ needs.
We have opportunities for a variety of software skills on our agile development teams. These teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and improve professionally. Furthermore, these teams are expected to be self-sufficient and run without the classical management structure.
Siemens DISW is seeking highly motivated QA Engineer to join our world-wide, multi-site development team. You will be located in our Nottingham or Teddington office and be responsible for analysing requirements, creating realistic test cases and assuring the quality of Siemens DISW electronics cooling products.
- Ensure that software products adhere to quality standards and best practices for performance, speed and usability.
- Practice Agile development methods and exemplify core Agile values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development.
- Maintain and update the automated test suites as new functionality is added to our products.
As a member of the Simcenter Flotherm team, your specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring high-quality and robust implementation of core CFD solver components.
- Testing of new features based on requests from product management.
- Investigating regression test automation failures.
- Populate automated testing suites by creating benchmark simulation cases for validation against analytical or empirical results.
- Supporting software developers through requirements analysis and design discussions
- Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Candidates applying for this position are required to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an Engineering, computer science or a physical science discipline.
- 1 or 2 years’ commercial experience testing engineering or scientific software applications
- ISTQB Qualification (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of testing on both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience in numerical modelling, CFD or other engineering simulation disciplines would be beneficial.
- Familiar with Solid Edge, Solid Works or other CAD applications.
- Experience in test automation.
- Background in thermodynamics, fluid flow and heat transfer.
Join our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the smartest minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing extraordinary things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time