Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4UWhat you’ll be doing
As a member of the HEEDS development team, as a QA Engineers you will participate in all aspects of the product release cycle, with a high level of collaboration with the software development teams. This includes crafting and maintaining feature testing plans, automated and manual test cases, running those tests, supervising the results, and ensuring defects are tracked and fixes verified. The QA team is also involved with release acceptance criteria, identifying opportunities to improve product adaptability, code testing coverage, and even things like efficiency and process improvements. In a nutshell, the quality assurance team has primary responsibility for product adaptability.
The HEEDS applications work with various computer aided design, engineering, and simulation systems. Experience with one or more popular industry tools (such as Star-CCM+, Simcenter 3D, Abaqus, LS-DYNA, Autodesk products or similar) will be advantageous.Our team’s priorities are, in order:
- Deliver robust software.
- Deliver on time.
- Deliver new features. The QA group is a big part of that, not a second-class citizen like what may be the case in some projects. If software quality and robustness is important to you and you have some related skills or experience, then this job may be the one for you. Apply today!
- Ensure product robustness
- Creation and maintenance of test plans, automated tests and manual test definitions
- Execution and verification of the test plans, via manual and/or automated testing
- Producing bug reports and other issues as needed
- Some DevOps tasks related to testing and quality may also be part of the job
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science and/or an Engineering field
- Both entry and expert level openings available
- Experience with CAE or CAD products is desired
- Experience with Redmine, Jira, or a similar issue tracking system
- Comfortable working in Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with automation tools and/or scripting languages
- At least a basic familiarity with agile development processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, personable, and respectful when dealing with others
- Experience with an automated desktop or web UI testing tool
- Experience with Python and shell scripting languages like bash, batch or PowerShell
- Familiarity with C++
- Experience with Jenkins/Hudson
- Experience with TestLink or a similar test case management system
- Experience using virtual machines and container technologies
- Understanding of, or experience with CI/CD concepts
- Experience with git and GitLab or GitHub
Our expanding Simcenter Software Development team is a broad mix of experience and background; all are committed to mentoring and onboarding new team members. Continuous learning is a key part of our culture, with learning days for the entire organization several times a year. At Siemens, we encourage everyone to own their career and enable team members to tackle more complex projects and services over time.
We have a strong emphasis on balancing life and work with individual autonomy. At Siemens, you will be working with colleagues spread around the globe; we celebrate the diversity that different cultures bring to our organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time