Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4UWhat you’ll be doing
As Software Engineer you will design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and timely delivery.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions and problems
- You will build documents, and implement software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas
- Technical lead of one or more projects within one area of a product
- You will provide guidance to the technical direction for one area of a product
- Occasional you advise customers in regard to future upgrades and products
- You will provide niche expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related fields, applications implications and customer areas
- In this role you work with minimal direction on sophisticated projects with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Project Management: Participates in project planning (task subdivision and identification, dependency identification, estimating effort) and project tracking (monitoring, reporting, and adjusting)
- Process focus: Follows documented practices, standards, and procedures to help
- efficiently develop high-quality software
- Product or domain knowledge: Maintains industry and technology knowledge in relevant product areas. Evaluate customer requests and develop an understanding of customer needs
- Requirement Definition: Possesses sufficient domain knowledge to
- understand and analyze requirements, and document the requirements in
- formal specifications.
- Functional Specification: Proposes and defines creative and feasible solutions to optimally address the requirements, and documents (or assists to document) informal specifications
- Test Planning: Analyzes code paths and system functionality to create test plans.
- Algorithm and Software Design: Designs well-constructed software functions that are potentially
- reusable. Documents the software design
- Coding: Uses clear, understandable logic to write efficient, maintainable code, which meets design specifications, quality requirements, and coding standards
- Testing: Performs code level and system level test plans and reports results
- Maintenance: Maintains existing products and fixes customer problems. Explores the actual root cause of a deficiency such that the source of the problem is removed, rather than implementing a symptomatic fix
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or equivalent.
- Experience in JAVA or C++ object-oriented programming in a commercial quality software environment
- Experience in XML. Eclipse IDE experience is a plus
- Experience with Teamcenter or any PDM system is helpful
- Exposure to cloud and web development technologies is a plus
- Exposure to finite element modelling and analysis workflows and computer-aided
- engineering (CAE) software is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time