Siemens Mobility are recruiting for an Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager to join our award-winning CIS (Communication Information Systems) Rail Infrastructure team. The purpose of the role is to provide leadership, specialist advice and EHS&S governance across Siemens Mobility, Rail infrastructure, CIS projects and service.
Reporting to the Senior EHS&S Manager (South) for Rail Infrastructure, you will lead a team of EHS&S Advisors to ensure effective operational control and implementation of EHS&S related processes and programs. You will also contribute to setting of local EHS&S related targets and provide support to managers in meeting those targets. An important role will also be to contribute to raising the business EHS&S profile internally amongst staff, the wider Siemens Mobility business and with external stakeholders.
What are your responsibilities?
- By working in partnership with Operational Management and Specialist Managers within the EHS&S team, provide support in the development of a positive EHS&S culture and place EHS&S as an integral part of the business values and behaviours at all levels
- Provide specialist guidance and advice on adherence to EHS&S policies, legislation, industry standards and Corporate Governance Standards for projects and service, seeking advice from specialist Managers within the EHS&S function as necessary
- Support Project Management in the planning, implementation and review of EHS contract requirements. Allocating EHS&S Advisor support to projects and seeking support from environmental specialists as necessary
- Prepare regular reports on operational EHS&S performance and ensure appropriately communicated to instigate action for improvement across projects
- Prepare and submit compliance reports, governance reports / self-assessments and SESIS reporting as required
- Advise on health and safety competency and training requirements of Functional Teams; prepare and deliver internal presentations, including team briefs, health and safety awareness or other training as required
- Investigate accidents and incidents, ensuring compliance to reporting requirement for internal / external stakeholders and preparation / delivery of learning points to prevent a recurrence
- Support the Quality & Assurance Manager in the planning and delivery of audits of projects and the management system, assessing compliance to ISO, Principal Contractor and other client requirements
- Support the Head of EHS&S to develop EHS&S strategies in support of the Business Plan and deployment of Siemens EHS&S Programs across projects
- Provide support in structuring personal development plans and continued professional development for EHS&S Advisors to help develop their technical and competence
- Provide specialist support to the tendering teams in response to prequalification, tenders and proposals
- Support the business in developing relationships with external stakeholders and customers, which provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities and ensures customer needs are met in a timely manner
- Represent the company at forums, conferences, project or other business meetings either as a participant or presenter
- Display Ownership behaviour and operate to the highest professional conduct standards and ethics, managing risk and protecting the Siemens brand in accordance with the Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines
- Take due consideration of commercial and governance requirements. Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens values
What qualifications and experience will you need?
- Diploma / Degree level qualification in Occupational Safety & Health
- IEMA Certificate preferred
- Lead Auditor qualification
- Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) essential for project sign off
- Previous professional experience in a Railway / Engineering / Construction environment, with management experience
- Ability to prepare written documentation such as reports, strategies, operational procedures, etc.
- In-depth understanding of CDM and its application in a railway environment (preferred)
- Experience and working knowledge of implementing ISO Certified Management Systems
- Excellent understanding of EHS processes, standards and improvement techniques
- Positive leadership, coaching and influencing skills at all levels
- Excellent communication skills with external stakeholders
- Continuous improvement knowledge / experience including tools and techniques
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time