Siemens Mobility Limited have a fantastic opportunity for Telecoms Design Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. Siemens Offers a flexible working policy with a mix of office based and remote working. For this role the candidate should be located in proximity to Chippenham, Ashby, Glasgow, Manchester or York
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
The Rail Infrastructure CIS business supplies SCADA control systems as well as operational telecoms and secure network equipment, alongside other engineering solutions to rail industry operators and suppliers worldwide. We have earned a respected reputation within the industry which has developed as a result of our success in delivering great outcomes to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as Rail Electrification Control, Advanced Station Management Systems, Automation and Analytics, ETCS and Low Cost Digital Modular Signalling, so this is a phenomenal time to join the business in the development of new, exciting technologies!
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Telecoms Design Manager, the Design Engineer will undertake the delivery of the engineering design aspects of Telecoms tenders and projects within agreed timescales and budgeted cost and is responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Delivery of Telecoms engineering designs / activities to the agreed time, cost, quality, safety and performance requirements
- Complete Telecoms engineering tasks to deliver system development and implementation, including interfacing with sub-contractors where applicable
- Produce Telecoms engineering technical and Health and Safety documentation deliverables to meet project requirements
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage Telecoms engineering tasks including resources and equipment in order to deliver tasks effectively and efficiently
- Regularly report Telecoms engineering task progress and status
- Support the provision of estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process
- Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements within main line rail, light rail and mass transit environments
- Identify and report project scope change
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners
What Skill, Qualification and Experience do I need for this role?
- Experience in a Telecoms engineering environment
- Proven success in design and delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems preferably in the rail environment.
- Knowledge and application of requirements management.
- Proven experience integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- Proven knowledge &/or experience of providing support for estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant subject
- Incorporated Engineer or equivalent status (not essential)
- IRSE License in Telecoms Design (or working towards IRSE License in Telecoms Design)
- Delivery of development and implementation project tasks within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment (not essential)
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment (not essential)
- Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover (not essential)
What behaviours/qualities are Siemens looking for in a suitable candidate?
- Flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Problem solving skills and lateral thinking ability
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with a hardworking ethos
- Pro-active, resourceful and the ability to take ownership
- Good time management & organisational skills
- Good report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Annual performance related bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time