Senior Legal Counsel – Commercial Law
We leverage our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality, and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
The said position is in Siemens Limited, India. You will be required to work independently and be responsible for providing high quality and responsive legal support and guidance to the Mobility business (“Mobility”) of the Siemens Limited, India and will be reporting to the lead lawyer of Mobility.
Come, Change the future with us
The primary role and responsibilities of this position are:
- You need to carry out risk analysis of projects, drafting & negotiating contracts, and handling dispute resolution and therefore you should have advanced knowledge of contract laws and arbitration laws. You should have very good understanding of infrastructure projects and infrastructure contracts and should be able to analyze them and provide legal risk evaluation during the bid-stage of a project.
- You need to develop complete understanding of the project in hand and propose mitigation strategies from a business or legal perspective. Bring in strategic thinking with problem-solving attitude.
- You are required to draft and negotiate customer contract, vendor/ supplier contracts and from time-to-time contracts pertaining to supply chain management.
- You are required to provide support during project execution to ensure strict observance of contractual requirements, rights and obligations towards customers, suppliers and other parties involved (e.g., interpretation of sections, change orders, claim management, correspondences etc.).
- Work closely with contract managers and review project execution from time to time.
- Have focus on corporate governance and compliance topics while providing legal advice (like IP, antitrust, ESG regulations etc.).
- You are required to have strong customer focus, flexibility, and decision-making capability. You would need to understand customer’s concern and make decisions that would demand striking a right balance between business interest, compliance, and governance.
- You need to have the ability to manage numerous matters simultaneously and competing priorities and work within a matrix set up.
Additionally, the role would also from time to time include:
- Handling commercial litigation and arbitration with keen interest to negotiate and mediate disputes, but at the same time be able to decide on the requirement to initiate and/or defend legal disputes.
- You will have to liaise with external counsels (within company’s panel) and undertake litigation in a most cost-effective manner.
- Manage expectations of multiple business stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- Training: You will be required to learn and share your learnings by way of trainings to the legal team and business on various topics.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds with a winning attitude!
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- You have a law degree from a reputed law college in India or from a reputed international college with 10 to 15 years PQE.
- You have preferably worked with a law firm or multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners.
- You have experience and advanced understanding on contract laws and arbitration laws.
- Working knowledge of ESG regulations and other emerging laws like competition, data protection, cybersecurity etc.
- You have experience in litigation and drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts and dispute resolution. Additionally, experience in regulatory and compliance issues would be an advantage.
- You will be our preferred candidate if you have advanced communication and legal writing skills (English), a problem-solving and solution-oriented approach and a dedicated attitude. You should be driven by integrity, ownership culture and reliability. You should be open to occasional to frequent travelling and like to have fun at work.
Make your mark in the cool & exciting world at Siemens!
This role is based in Kalwa (Mumbai). The role if You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow. Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time