We are currently looking for a Stores Coordinator to be based in our Siemens Rolling Stock business in Neville Hill Train Care Depot, Leeds. You will ideally have background in working in a warehouse and have forklift license. Previous experience is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate. As a successful candidate you will ensure that the general management of materials is in accordance with the defined procedures and the Stores operation meets the requirement of the Production plan.
What are my responsibilities
- Stock control utilizing the stock management system
- Receive, dispatch, inspect and issue materials
- Update the relative order/materials databases
- Ensure Stores security is maintained
- Monitor status of depot fire equipment
- Assist technical staff in the identification of materials and raise order requests
- Receive local SAP orders on behalf of all depot personnel and distribute as required
- Assembling, packing materials/goods according to logistical demands/programs in order to support timely handing of the dispatch orders
- Loading and unloading of the trucks in a careful manner in order to ensure the released goods are moved and stored without damage and in line with manual guidelines
- Daily and weekly checks of all technical devices and systems used for handling materials are carried out in order to ensure a high safety standard and long economic life-time
- Completing regular checks of the different storage facilities by using visual checks and testing storage conditions such as environment, weight, size, type of goods in order to ensure that the material is stored correctly and if necessary to able to take corrective action at an early stage
- Ensuring that materials are picked in accordance to the maintenance exams of the trains and that the items are delivered from the Stores, taking into consideration legislation and procedures, are supplied in good time to the receiving units
- Request outside agencies for transportation of material through authorised accounts to move material to other depot/suppliers
- Collaboration with internal/ external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities
What do I need to qualify for the role
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Warehouse and/or logistical experience (preferred)
- Driving License (preferred)
- Forklift License (preferred)
- Previous experience in a Stores role (preferred)
- Basic engineering knowledge (preferred)
This role is offered on a 24/7 shift pattern which includes nights.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time