- Act as Siemens’ Senior point of contact for all Engineering related activity in association with ETCS On-board projects.
- Manage the portfolio of ETCS on-board programme engineering work-packages across a multitude of different Engineering disciplines.
- Allocation of engineering resources to work packages for the preparation of engineering plans, specifications, and designs to ensure these are delivered to time, quality, and cost parameters.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, installation and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of ETCS on-board projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Contract and project management of Design packages subcontracted to external Design Houses.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to all Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Act in the role of Contractors’ Responsible Engineer as directed.
- Enhance the performance of the team and individual team members, including the management of the annual performance management cycle, career and personal development and training needs and solutions and mentoring.
- Experience of managing large multidisciplinary teams in the Rail industry.
- Established professional status within the Rail industry; will have significant experience of engineering implementation on large projects.
- Strong project management background with a demonstrated track record forecasting and managing resource utilisation and costs and delivery to project milestones.
- Safety culture aware – to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice.
- Strong leadership qualities including personal drive, persuasive communication skills, enthusiasm, and support for company goals.
- A broad base of engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full engineering life-cycle, together with the requisite personal characteristics, to take responsibility for facilitating cross disciplinary engineering activity in complex, innovative and commercially challenging environments.
- Previous experience in Systems Engineering, Project Engineering, Software Engineering and Design of safety critical or safety related real-time systems.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business – and in front of new and existing customers – both internal and external.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time