Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers:
· Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
· Participate in our celebrations and social events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Clinical MR Research Scientist, MR R&D Collaborations. This position is located in Boston, MA.
This is a role
well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their
career. As a Clinical MR Research Scientist of MR R&D
Collaborations team, you will be based in the department of
cardiology at a leading academic institution in Boston, Massachusetts, responsible
- Be the key point of contact on-site for both Siemens and customer. Coordinate appropriately with Siemens Leadership, Applications, Sales and Service teams
- Communicate effectively between all stakeholders in the strategic partnership, escalating challenges appropriately
- Proactively develop strong relationships with a variety of customers at Key Collaboration site
- Identify areas of mutual interest for future collaboration projects that are relevant for the academic/industrial partnership, and strategic in nature
- Develop and manage collaboration projects with your academic partners.
- Adhere to Siemens’ collaborations policies and take ownership of the processes for collaboration management with your assigned partners.
- Develop Academic Industry Partnership grants with your academic partner
- Support transition of academic partner from competitor to Siemens MRI platform, identifying internal resources necessary
- Drive, define and execute new clinical and research MR and cross modality collaboration projects
Research and Development
- Work closely with your academic partners to drive MR research and translate this knowledge into MR products.
- Drive the development of novel, clinically relevant techniques (MR pulse sequences and image reconstruction) with our research partners.
- Develop and release prototypes of novel techniques in compliance with highest source code quality.
- Evaluate prototypes and publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Conduct original research resulting in patent applications.
- Educate R&D and Applications colleagues on clinical research issues.
- Product integration of innovative techniques according to quality standards for medical devices.
- Implementation of improvements to currently existing product features.
- Maintenance and improvements of existing code base, bug fixing, testing.
- Contribute to product protocol development for novel features.
Sales and Marketing Support
- Provide content for articles, abstracts, and marketing materials for Siemens (such as MAGNETOM Flash)
- Look for opportunities to translate clinical and technical knowledge into clinical and business value.
- Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits.
- Answer questions from Sales and Marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced, and take ownership in finding a resolution of those issues.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Biomedical Physics / Imaging Physics, or equivalent.
- Exceptional communication skills – in all formats: writing, presentation, verbal.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
- Strong background in MR physics and pulse sequence design.
- Expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications.
- Experience in working with internal and external partners.
- Substantial experience in C++/C software design, implementation and coding.
- Experience using Matlab for signal and image processing.
- Excellent teaching skills and a proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Skilled in MS office software applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Prior experience working on Siemens’ MR systems in pulse sequence design and image reconstruction
- At least 2 years of relevant clinical and research MRI experience working on the Siemens MRI platform
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.