Siemens is looking for skilled, multi-crafted workers who can diagnose varied and complex mechanical and electrical problems for diverse mechanical, pneumatic, CNC, computer controlled, servo driven, electronic, PLC, compressed air. Who can also process (paint, plating and waste treatment) equipment through direct examination using technical and practical knowledge, the understanding and use of technical OEM manuals and schematics, and consultation with OEM specialists
- Operates tools and equipment common to mechanical, plumbing, welding, and electrical trades.
- Troubleshoots hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical control systems to identify symptoms or malfunctions.
- Reads technical manuals, blue prints, control logic diagrams, and schematics to understand complex equipment and controls as necessary.
- Analyzes test results, machine error messages, and machine operator feedback to determine and execute corrective actions.
- Adjusts and calibrates equipment, machines, and tools according to specifications.
- Examines mechanisms for modes of failure and damages (e.g. breakage, excessive wear).
- Installs/replaces parts and/or attachments according to specifications.
- Repairs broken or malfunctioning parts.
- Properly discards tools/ machine parts no longer serviceable.
- Performs preventive maintenance (e.g. cleaning, lubricating, adjusting parts, etc.) on machines, equipment, and tools; per specification and PM Checklists.
- Collaborates in the assembly, dismantling, and rigging of machinery.
- Reviews blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Assembles pipes, sections, tubing and fittings.
- Installs, connects, tests, and maintains electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures.
- Joins metal components or other weld able material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Washes, cleans, sharpens, calibrates, and /or repairs tools (e.g. pulse and air tools, dies, punches, etc.).
- Plans the ordering of machine parts and tools.
- Issues and exchanges tools to manufacturing workers.
- Upkeeps maintenance records (e.g. issued tools, preventive maintenance, event logs, work requests etc).
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
- Education: Associates degree in related field plus 3 years of experience in an industrial maintenance type environment or
5 years industrial maintenance work type experience with strong industrial electrical controls emphasis.
· Licensed Electrician
- Experience: Industrial maintenance environment working with 480V / 3 phase preferred.
- Specialized Training: Electrical Qualified to work in a control panel
- Knowledge: Shop math; blue print and schematic reading; PLC; control logic; and mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and welding concepts.
- Skills: Troubleshooting, use of mechanical/electrical/measuring tools; and intermediate computer skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Other: Must be at least 18 years of age
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.