Siemens Process Industries and Drives - New Kensington, PA facility is looking for talent! One of the core businesses of Siemens, we provide future-proof automation, drive technology, industrial software, and services based on best-in-class technology platforms like Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) or Integrated Drive Systems (IDS). Join us in empowering businesses to work harder, smarter, and faster. We’re on a journey to find a Power Electronics Engineer!Primary Responsibilities
- Perform sophisticated technical design activities and develop components for AC Variable Frequency drives, Power Supplies and other Power Electronics technologies
- Design, analyze and simulate power electronics circuits, magnetic components and control strategies for AC Variable Frequency drives and power supplies.
- Interface, communicate, transact and/or lead projects with multi-functional teams on global development projects.
- Provide technical expertise for failure mode and root cause analysis, fix failures and implement improvement methods.
- Perform technical analysis for type test (component and system level) to qualify the prototype design and release to production.
- Interpret power components specifications, electrical drawings, and product requirement specifications.
- Minimum BS degree with 10 years’ experience of related experience, Master’s Degree or PhD may be substituted for required experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with experience in power electronics.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately sophisticated assignments.
- Successfully applies sophisticated knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of area of specialization.
- Required travel 5%.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Hands-on experience in the design, development and test of Medium Voltage AC Variable Frequency Drives
- Proven understanding of converter topologies and basic control schemes/algorithms.
- Familiarity with vector-based motor control.
- Experience through a complete product lifecycle (requirements, design, build, test, manufacture, service).
- Experience as a contributor to a global, multi-functional technical project team.
- Solid understanding on commonly used simulation software such as Maxwell, ANSYS, Matlab or similar.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.