Siemens is growing and we are excited to be adding new team members with experience in power distribution equipment, substation automation systems, protection, and controls engineering. This job posting is for multiple positions with similar experience and skill set requirements. If you apply, we will consider you for all positions outlined below. Selected candidates may receive multiple offers to choose from based on your qualifications and feedback received during interviews.
- Configure and test protection relays and/or RTUs/PLCs for protection and controls schemes of substations systems and generation stations
- Develop new application solutions with IEC61850 or other communication protocols relevant in the energy automation field
- Prepare (FAT) Factory Acceptance Test procedures & testing environments for customer projects
- Development of protection schemes and logic diagrams based on technical drawings
- Be one of our primary customer interfaces, including trouble shooting and commissioning support
- Occasionally assist in developing new order proposals (bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.)
- Report processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
- Systems Architect evaluating different concepts with respect to technological and commercial aspects
- Design, development, implementation, testing, and commissioning of protection and control applications and schemes
- Configure, test and perform commissioning relays for retrofit applications.
- Travel to job sites, customer offices and vendors factories expected to be around 75% of total time.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Similar with applicable experience
A minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering experience preferably in the power automation or protection engineering field. A strong candidate should be able to demonstrate applied knowledge of:
- Busbar protection
- Transformer protection
- Breaker failure protection
- Capacitor bank protection
- Medium voltage protection schemes (including design of transfer schemes and reverse interlocking schemes)
- Knowledge of Siemens, GE, SEL or ABB relay/automation products and associated software
- Communication Network Technologies, including Design, Configuration, and troubleshooting
- Communication protocols such as IEC61850, DNP, Modbus, IEC103, IEC101, IEC104, Profinet, Profibus
- Control and Protection commissioning experience
Considered a Plus – Not Required:
The following experience is not required but candidates who can demonstrate knowledge in these areas will be given extra consideration:
- Work experience with power utilities as customers
- Knowledge of ANSI standards, IEC standards.
- SICAM PAS
- SICAM SCC/WinCC
- Line Transmission and Distribution protection
- Generator protection for small, medium, and large generators (including protection settings calculation)
- High voltage, distribution, and generation applications
- Knowledge of the multiple vendors' relay products and associated software
- Drafting abilities using AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Project Lead experience
- Professional Engineer license
- C Programming Language experience.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.