Job Title: Test Architect
We make real what matters.
We are currently seeking a Test Architect in the field of Software Verification and Validation. This role collaborates with product managers, developers, quality assurance, architects, and site reliability engineers to apply and tailor innovative test methodologies to ensure the delivery of industrial-grade quality products.
As part of this role, your focus would be to define and strategize testing processes, frameworks and tools. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Drive research, development, and consulting projects in close teamwork with colleagues, customers and universities.
- Define, strategize, and implement effective test strategy as per business goals.
- Design test specifications based on the analysis of the test basis (e.g. requirements, architecture and design specifications).
- Identify areas for test automation, design and architect automation frameworks.
- Perform test process reviews and assessments of test strategies.
- Identify weaknesses in test procedures and guide teams on testing process, supervise and improve activities on all testing levels.
- Evaluate and improve test automation technologies (e.g. by prototypes).
- Hands-on skills in applying the above techniques to real industrial problems to deliver solutions to Siemens business globally.
- Be a quality evangelist and propagate innovative test methods and technologies across Siemens.
- Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world: create the future through intellectual property such as patents and publications in developer and tester conferences.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Expertise in all phases of software testing including Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Static Analysis, Dynamic Analysis, Functional Testing and Performance Testing.
- Ability to create clear, concise, diligent test strategies and test plans from formal and informal specifications.
- Deep understanding of agile testing, continuous testing strategies, NFR testing (availability, performance etc.) and DevOps.
- Expertise in evaluating, adopting and implementing automation frameworks and tools.
- Experience in training and guiding teams on software testing tools and methodologies.
- Understanding of agile process and practices.
- Familiarity with test driven development, microservices testing and service virtualization is preferable.
- Experience in use of cloud technologies is preferable.
- Experience in use of AI/ML techniques to improve quality would be an added advantage.
- A publication record in high profile peer-reviewed journals and conferences is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English a must.
- While you are self-motivated and capable of working independently, you are also comfortable in guiding and leading teams.
- B.E or Masters preferably in computer science with more than 5 years experience, 1 of which in a test architect or similar role
- Testing related certifications (ISTQB, SAFe Agilist etc.)
- QA related publications in developer/tester conferences would be a plus
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: Corporate Research, Siemens India website and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time