Siemens “Technology” department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Siemens’ Autonomous Systems and Control Research Group’s goal is to accelerate autonomous vehicle deployments in the real world. The research group develops state of the art algorithms and tools across the autonomy stack (e.g. perception, planning, mapping, etc.), participates in AV standards development and validates AV deployments. our goal is to work on topics that are business relevant to deliver outstanding positive experiences for Siemens customers and users by demonstrating the potentials of the technologies. Join our growing team
Change the future with us
We are looking for highly capable researchers to develop autonomous system capabilities for Siemens’ Autonomous Systems and Control Research Group.
• Build next generation data-driven Autonomous Systems
• Apply latest developments in robotics research to advance capabilities of autonomous systems
• Conduct empirical/theoretical research and development for real world deployments of autonomous systems and publish at top conferences and journals
• Manage research collaborations with universities, scout and assess new technologies in scientific community
• Strong fundamentals in robot kinematics and rapid design, integration and prototyping of robotic platforms
• Knowledge of Robot Operating System (ROS or ROS2)
• Experience in at least two of the following: robotics, sensor fusion, localization, kinematic simulation
• Proficient with Linux, coding in C++/Python
• Software engineering experience (C++/Python; git; CI/CD)
• Excellent analytical, communication, and written skills
What you need to make real what matters.
• Ph.D in Computer Science, Robotics or related field
• Prior hands-on experience in deploying motion planning, mapping applications, control algorithms on robotic and/or autonomous systems
• Familiarity with physics-based simulation software like Mujoco
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with multi-disciplinary teams working together to create the next chapters of innovation and impact.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time