- Undertake works package management duties for a number of Railway signalling projects.
- Report on on-site progress and ensure installation is in accordance with the approved designs and also meets client remit.
- Undertake independent review of other projects within the business to access progress and support project team in delivering scope work.
- Ensure that the design, construction and testing targets are met and effective remedial action on power distribution systems as instructed by the Project Engineering Manager.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of power distribution system design, installation and testing work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Assist in the preparation of contract specifications for power distribution systems for signalling projects to obtain the best available deal for the Company.
- Perform duties as directed by the Senior Power Engineer from time to time.
- Ensure the design, construction and testing targets are met to ensure successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Provide leadership/mentorship to local Engineering team.
- Assist project teams with the delivery of power distribution systems at 650/400V and 110V for the safe implementation of signalling systems.
- Preparation of contract specifications for power distribution systems.
- Provide training and briefings to signalling staff.
- Undertake Contractors responsible Engineer (CRE) for Network Rail projects.
- Preparation of estimation and tendering documents.
- Preparation of Project technical and purchase specifications.
- Analysis of customer requirements.
- Attending client interviews.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and/or electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of electrical power engineering principles,
- Understanding of the principles relating to the statutory binding Electricity at Work Regulations,
- Experience of Low Voltage distribution systems (design, installation and testing practices),
- Experience of designing power distribution systems to BS7671 “Requirements for electrical installations – IEE Wiring Regulation”.
- Good communications and time management skills.
- Understanding of traditional 650V IT systems for signalling power supplies.
- Understanding of redundant backup power supply systems.
- Working knowledge of Network Rail and British/European Standards.
- Experience of Factory acceptance testing and Site acceptance testing of electrical systems.
- Previous experience as CRE on Network Rail projects.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Chartered Engineer or demonstration of progress towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Qualified to inspect and test electrical installations in accordance with City and Guilds 2394/2395.
- Knowledge of LUL Standards
- Familiarity with supervision, control and monitoring systems, e.g. SCADA, as used with power systems.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time