Siemens Mobility is pioneering the future of travel. Our purpose is reinventing, refining and revolutionising how people move throughout smarter urban environments and across a more sustainable world. From advanced engineering projects to pushing limits of data and machine learning, we’re changing the global landscape.
You can move with us. Our dynamic career paths are designed for ambitious individuals to discover, develop and achieve more. We ask you to do your best to improve society with us, and in return we promise opportunities to progress in a company where the professionals are at the top of their game. Because the sharing culture, learning resources and scale of our projects will take you to an even higher level than you’re operating at now.
About the Role
To undertake project engineering activities to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. The Project Engineer will be expected to manage engineering work packages on projects under the direction of the Project Engineering Manager.
- Support the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design, construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Be the Project Manager’s engineering representative on projects where required.
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Assist with evaluating the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task, time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Electrical Engineering HND or equivalent.
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer licence.
- Incorporated Engineer status.
- Experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time