Siemens Large Drives Applications Business is looking for a Machinist for our Kansas City, MO, location. This position will use micrometers and other measuring tools to repair large, 500 pounds to 10 tons, rotating equipment. The majority of work is lathe work for shaft repair. There is also millwork to make specialty items vital for the repairs. All work is performed to tight tolerances.Responsibilities
- Receives oral and written instructions from supervisor or job lead. Performs work as instructed to meet project requirements.
- Operates lathes, drill presses, boring machine and other machine tools to perform a variety of machine operations.
- Trim, burr and grind after machining.
- Assist dynamically balancing rotating equipment.
- Assist in preparing bearings for babbitting, plugging with wood and in pouring Babbitt on large bearings.
- Perform standard welding operations and cut and burn materials. Chip, clean and grind welds.
- Inspect parts for accurate sizes and tolerances.
- Turn and undercut commutators.
- Set up and operate hydraulic press to press on/off shafts, commutators, cores, etc.
- Perform metalizing operations on end brackets.
- Clean and oil machines, keep work area neat, clean and orderly.
- Use all safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Machinist training required.
- Technical proficiency: Min 5 years experience
- Work experience: 5 years experience in same work as noted above.
- Knowledge, skills, or expertise: Ability to use the following equipment: lathes, hydraulic presses, balancing machine, grinders, milling machines, boring mills, drill press, metal spray equipment, reciprocating saw, industrial trucks, electric welding equipment, air arc burning equipment, grinder, sander, all types measuring equipment, miscellaneous power and hand tools, jigs and fixtures, cranes, required safety equipment, etc.
- Travel: Travel required.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.