What part will you play?
- You take on responsibility for managing and coordination of localisation projects in the sourcing markets India and Turkey for global demands by achieving commercial and strategic targets (risk mitigation, footprint measures, second source qualification, cost reduction, logistics and procurement requirements)
- You will lead local expert teams of 10 people in India and Turkey with project management modules/elements including commercial, technical, quality, productivity, risk analysis and EHS topics by including all relevant and necessary interfaces
- In addition, you will plan, organize and engage cross-functional teams to ensure a successful execution of project objectives in accordance with project plans considering different scenarios
- This role will initiate and support global manufacturing and sourcing strategies based on challenges, technical, quality and commercial requirements
- You will manage quality topics during the projects including assisting in methods, planning, organizing and engaging cross-functional teams to bring about the successful execution of the projects. You ensure long-term, cost-effective supply of materials and monitoring the Turkish and India markets to bring new suppliers into the purchasing portfolio
- As Head (f/m/d) of Material Part Localization you will be responsible for conducting/coordinating feasibility studies and inspection activities of samples at supplier’s premises and in plants in accordance with standard processes and drive a consistent digital workflow of quality documentation. Lead and streamline “technical change note” process and to function as SPoC (single point of contact) for specific parts suppliers to implement technical changes
- You will organize and implement project / process specific test plans to support localization processes ensuring quality during development and subsequently during production phases
- The basis of your success is a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar field. Master’s degree is an asset
- You have long-term experience in quality and manufacturing environment areas as well as detailed experience and knowledge of Leadership, Procurement, Manufacturing, SQM, project management and technical release processes
- You have a broad knowledge of cross-functional support/infrastructure processes and ability to analyze, streamline and harmonize results for the benefit of the organization
- You have experience in all areas on manufacturing processes (technical understanding, logistics, technologies, assemblies, quality, product tests) as well as in international business, global collaboration and intercultural leadership
- Furthermore, you have knowledge in utilization of methods in operations as RCA (root-cause-analysis), ISHIKAWA, SIX SIGMA etc. as well as in monitoring performance in accordance with KPIs, processes mapping and optimization
- You have a good understanding of quality management systems (ISO 9001/ISO 14001) and EHS processes
- You are willing to seek ways to improve better processes, best practices within teams and organization
- You are not afraid to take new paths to achieve your goals and are willing to use modern approaches to find solutions by having a high customer orientation
- A high flexibility on business trips and strong written and verbal communication skills in German and English language
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time