Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Strategic Publications and Communications Senior Director in Laboratory Diagnostics.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Director for Evidence Generation in Laboratory Diagnostics, you will be responsible for:
The Medical Affairs Evidence Generation Senior Director is responsible for driving and/or supporting the execution of collaborations (investigator-initiated studies (IIS), collaborative research, etc.) to generate evidence key to Siemens Healthineers LD test use. The Senior Director for Evidence Generation will work closely with key contributors and stakeholders in Medical Affairs and other functional stakeholders (ie. Data Sciences, Collaboration Office, HQ Medical Science Liaison(s), Regions, Market Access, Product Lifecycle Management, HEOR, Government Affairs, collaborators (as needed)), and others to facilitate the development of research relationships with key thought leaders. This role will provide Medical Affairs leadership to establish evidence generation strategies and drive the development and implementation of evidence generation plans, and is primarily responsible for leading the development of the integrated short, mid, and long-term evidence generation strategies & planning cross-functionally/across regions and ensuring execution to successfully deliver highly relevant and robust evidence to support asset lifecycle strategy with the intent to publish and communicate the evidence generated.
This Medical Affairs Evidence Generation Senior Director will:
· Ensure pro-active and focused evidence generation plans are in place and communicated to ensure maximal impact
· Ensure clear processes exist for various types of research collaborations and the relevant governance oversight for initiation (ie. IIS, research collaborations, etc.)
· Implement and oversee the evidence generation plan to ensure the right evidence is generated in the right way and communicated to the right stakeholders, at the right time
- Establish and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)/thought leaders
- Execute scientific research initiatives (designing studies, developing/implementing research protocols, conducting/coordinating data analysis)
- Develop tools/questionnaires, analyze data and communicate results to relevant stakeholders.
- Drive consistency & synergy relative to evidence generation plans across patient populations and regions, focusing initially on the US.
- Work with a cross-functional team, to ensure appropriate data sources are identified to identify evidence gaps and address evidence needs.
- Communicate efficiently to internal stakeholders strategic evidence generation priorities (e.g. collaborative research, IIS studies).
- Work with respective Global and Regional Leads to develop strategic guidance for IIS and scientific research collaborations in line with strategic priorities.
- Establish and work within the governance framework to support the review of IIS and research collaborations
- Ensure proposals are aligned with strategy and are likely to deliver in an appropriate time frame.
- Collaborate closely with internal cross-functional colleagues, to track implementation and tactical execution of Evidence Generation plans.
- Oversee implementation and budget tracking for Evidence Generation collaborations
- Ensures regular revision and update of evidence generation strategies and processes relative to new available knowledge
Required skills to have for the success of this role
Competencies and Key Skills
- Leads with executive presence and positively influence performance excellence and innovation across all levels
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in research study development and management and sound understanding of scientific process, scientific research methods, data analysis and interpretation
- Experience and track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- Leads with and demonstrates strong emotional intelligence, integrity, business acumen, humility, respect and transparency
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; establishes trust and partnership collaboration with Cross-functional leadership, Regional & Global colleagues and external
- Strong Strategic acumen, good business acumen and anticipation of industry trends; Ability to critically analyze complex data
- Ability to translate science into clinical patient value and business value
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate complex subjects with clarity, ease and executive presence (story telling skills)
- Ability to manage and effectively teach and train others.
- Ability to work in a high-intensity, fast-paced and highly regulated environment.
- Ability to probe for information, ask questions.
- Ability to travel ~20-30%.
PhD in sciences or Medical Degree (M.D.)
· Minimum of 5+ years in an IVD or related industry setting in the direct conduct of medical and scientific exchange and evidence generation. Experience in an academic medical center with clinical research experience preferred.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.