Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Sr. Deep Learning Scientist – Whole Body Imaging
As a Sr. Deep Learning Scientist, you will be part of the Digital Technology and Innovation Center, the central hub for R&D in artificial intelligence and digital innovation of Siemens Healthineers. Our global footprint extends to USA (Princeton, NJ), China, India, and various countries within Europe. Our highly skilled AI experts specialize in using large data collections and powerful supercomputing infrastructure to build artificial intelligence solutions in close collaboration with government agencies, universities, and healthcare providers worldwide. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences
What are my responsibilities?
- Research, design, and implement algorithms in Deep Learning for Medical Image Analysis problems.
- Advance the state-of-the-art, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Work on large-scale, real-world problems.
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of image and video analysis product components.
- Work with customers to understand requirements and deliver solution
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Ph.D. in an engineering or science field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or Applied Math
- Strong background in Deep Learning.
- 4+ years of industry experience or post-doctoral studies in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Image Understanding preferred.
- Experience in GPU programming.
- Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ is a must. Further experience in Scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.