Power System consultant
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens Consultancy Business.
We are a collection of over 280,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for power system consultants at different levels with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Grid Software, PTI consultancy division as a Power System consultant and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Siemens PTI is the think tank of Siemens Smart Infrastructure Business Unit and provides thought leadership to our customers on long term development plan, energy strategies, smart energy system, digitalisation & IoT consultancy and business model innovation to cope up with the energy transition and digital transformation. We help to shape the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. We address the pressing challenges of urbanisation and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries though digital technologies.
Location: The role is based in our UK / Ireland offices or home based with travel across the U.K and Ireland.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, advantageous and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work with Siemens; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04This is your role. What part will you play
Job responsibilities will include the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state and dynamic behavior, development of mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks, and delivery of on-site technical consulting/training services.
- Manage and deliver power system planning and protection studies: the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state and dynamic behaviour, development of mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks.
- Undertake Generation (including Wind Farms), Industrial Load Connection Compliance studies and Power System Harmonic Studies
- Automating and Scripting work for the power system analysis tools (PSS®E & Sincal).
- Assess customer's business requirements and application objectives, and develop application designs in products to meet customer's needs.
- Application and analysis of study results applied to basic system design and equipment specification
- Delivery of on-site technical consulting/training services.
- Undertake techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers.
- Experience in using programs for the analysis and calculation of electrical power networks, such as PSS SINCAL, PSS NETOMAC, PSS E, PSASP, MATLAB, Plexos, Antares or comparable tools.
- Develop and maintain external customer relationships. Conducts periodic status checks with customer and team to assess progress against plan.
- Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement semi-complex project; supports development of project plan incorporating all project variables.
- You will be passionate about sustainability, energy transition, smart autonomous grids and impacts of digitalization in the energy industry.
- Techno-economic studies to identify business cases for customers, conduct techno-economic evaluations of project proposals including good understanding of financial concepts.
- Exposure with the UK / Ireland regulatory framework, Grid Codes and System Operation.
- Knowhow in CIM and integration of Offline simulation packages to real time operating systems.
- Programming skills in FORTRAN, C++ and Python
- Knowledge of protection studies, protection settings, power quality and arc flash studies
- Previous working experience with either Transmission System Operators/Owners and/or Distribution System Operators/Owners.
- A proactive attitude towards leading initiatives, driving improvement and change management is a must!
- Ideally qualified to a Degree or Master or Phd in Electrical Engineering or Power Systems Engineering.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
When it comes to future-proof energy system, infrastructure or industrial power supply in today’s complex and changing energy environment, sound advice from power system experts is essential. Siemens has a legacy of world renowned engineering experience and innovative software and technologies. Our customers rely on the leading knowledge and global experience of the Siemens PTI energy and power system consulting experts. You will become one of the key ingredients of this community where you will have the freedom to expand your horizon.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with https://www.vercida.com/uk/employers/siemens the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time