Based within the Cloud Operations Team, you will be responsible for the monitoring and improvement of the security posture across a range of products and services. Working with the Support and Product colleagues, you will ensure that a diverse range of security requirements are met. You will drive continuous improvement and champion best practice in both technical and process areas.
Your week will be varied with SIEM review on one day, to script writing for a patch deployment or maybe using your analytical skills to help a colleague with a problem.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the security software platform, ensuring testing and delivery of updates and new releases.
- Reviewing and responding to SIEM alerts
- Compliance and network monitoring reviews and escalating for action where required
- Patch management
- Performing access reviews
- Approving/reviewing relevant change requests
- Approving and facilitating access to cloud environments.
- Implementing process improvements.
Updating and reporting on the security state and current risks to you manager and wider InfoSec colleagues.
In addition, you will always be on the lookout for tools and methods that can improve the resilience of the cloud estate and reduce cyber risk. You will ensure compliance and improvement of the ISMS is maintained and conduct informal health checks to ensure the certification of ISO27001 takes place with ease.
Overseeing and on occasion conducting penetration testing, you will review findings, remediation and ensure the work is documented.
You will be able to provide Cloud security knowledge to all parts of the organisation, providing support to colleagues answering security related questions from customers. You will work collaboratively with colleagues in different departments to ensure production systems are delivered in a resilient fasion. You will help raise awareness in development teams of cloud related security considerations.
You will also be an important part of the Yunex cyber security team taking part in risk assessments and other activities outside of your day-to-day team. With a dotted line report to a senior cyber security colleague, you will ensure that policies are applied to your business area and have a good understanding of the risk areas and a plan for mitigation.
- Self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Good communicator, able to explain technical issues to non-technical audience.
- Able to work as a team and independently.
- Customer focused where necessary
- Can consider business impact and value when assessing a task.
- Knowledge and experience of information security policies and procedures.
- You will have good experience working in information technology with responsibly in cyber security areas.
- A qualification in Cyber Security (BSc, MSc) or Industry based training (such as CEH, CCSP, SSCP) is an advantage.
- You have a good track record of managing your continued professional development.
- A good knowledge of operating systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of security issues in a cloud environment.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Annual, business performance related, bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time