Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Software Test Engineer – System and Integration test of EVSE and Technical product engineering.
- Responsible for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment testing to conform with product specification.
- Perform continuous system Testing to support software releases.
- Software Test Engineer will report to R&D manger, AC EVSE, Future Grid.
- Responsible for system tests for Electric vehicle supply equipment in an EV Infrastructure as well as isolated environments
- Design Test cases based on complex networking scenarios including multiple communication protocols and connectivity options as per industry standard.
- Perform EV Infrastructure interoperability testing including cloud communication, EV service providers (OCPP), Building management software (MODBUS) etc.
- Design, improve and perform product level system tests for maximum coverage for customer use cases.
- Design/Improve Automation tests to optimize test time and support endurance tests for all networking scenarios.
- Drive set-up and testing process with business developers and beta testing sites
- Compile product feature improvements based on feedback from business development, product management and Beta testing groups and direct customers.
- Device immediate solutions to improve customer experience as a stop gap solution till software updates are performed.
- Technical liaison for Level 3 and 4 customer support calls.
- Review and supervise of Level 3 customer support processes and documentation
- Synchronize product maintenance topics and manage information transfer between product maintenance groups in multiple geographical regions.
- Perform first article inspection based of feature performance for units coming from factory before customer distribution.
- Perform product engineering support for manufacturing. Design procedures needed for manufacturing support.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in data analytics, cloud solutions, application development and test automation.
- Working knowledge of embedded Linux, webAPIs, OCPP, MODBUS
- Knowledge of industry standards for demand response and load management
- Minimum 2 years Experience in Application development in C, Python
- Minimum 1 year Experience in Collaboration Tools, source control tools such as Agile, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Clearcase, CVS.
- Working knowledge of relational databases using SQL
- Experience with OCPP and OCPP backends
- Minimum 1 year experience in implementing WebApi, Websocket APIs
- Minimum 1 year working Experience in Data analytics
- Experience in Collaboration Tools, source control tools such as Agile, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Clearcase, CVS.
- Experience in working with Django server, patching rootfs etc is desired.
- Working knowledge of GNU Toolchain, STL, MFC Libraries, object-oriented technologies (UML).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors in engineering with 2-5 years experience
- Working knowledge of programming for embedded ARM microprocessors.
- Working knowledge of Linux systems, data structures, cloud communication
- Experience of hardware software interactions at PCBA level and diagnosing circuit level failures
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.