Senior Executive – Project Buyer Turnkey
Pune | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Responsible for inspection and compliance with the requirements set out in the welding standards
- Plan, coordinate and execute project purchases of goods and services, equipment, and supplies.
- Identify potential for synergies in company purchases with the objective of maximizing the economies of scale in project purchases.
- Developing and maintaining up-to-date lists of qualified suppliers/services providers in fulfillment of project demands.
- Ensure compliant supplier selection and qualification as per applicable processes and procurement guidelines for direct and indirect sourcing scope.
- Support the development and negotiation of project specific frame agreements.
- Contribute to reduction, within area of responsibility, in supply chain related NCC.
- Participate in identification of supply risks and opportunities to avoid potential damage or exploit opportunities.
- Develop effective working relationships with the internal customer and collaborate in proactive manner with project delivery teams and various disciplines/functions and suppliers to ensure relevant information is communicated to improve the flow of value.
- Verify purchase requisitions and supplier master data items
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quotation (RfQs), obtain offers, clarify, negotiate with suppliers.
- Verify compliance of supplier’s proposals technically and commercially and liaising with the requesting units.
- Organize supplier meetings and record minutes of meetings and minutes of negotiation as needed.
- Prepare purchase orders based on verified specifications, Siemens and project terms & conditions, material codes and prices.
- Manage proper communication with the suppliers; monitor and expedite orders as necessary.
- Check up to date lead times from suppliers and updating program/project partners. Participate in issue resolution with suppliers as needed
- Participate as necessary in managing post-order/award topics such as performance, claims, counterclaims, with the appropriate involvement/guidance of assigned PPM.
- Document and archive properly procurement information including preparation of relevant reporting on procurement issues.
- Support SQ/SQM processes as required.
- Act as Procurement representative for assigned projects stakeholders and attend lots reviews as required.
- Support PPM in establishing and implementing critical initiatives for nominated project suppliers, acquiring the buy-in of key partners and delivery of these, on time and to budget.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 5-8 years along with bachelor’s degree or postgraduate in engineering, or economics or business administration. Additional supply chain management or CIPS qualification preferred
- At least 5 years of proven Procurement experience in project business, preferably railway turnkey projects, multi-national business environment an advantage.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge and working experience with SAP MM module
- Solid knowledge of legal and compliance aspects in procurement good quality and documentation management knowledge and experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, Arabic language is an advantage.
- Proficient in latest Microsoft Office applications.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time