Production Manager - Signals and Systems
What do you want to do with your future? Does working for a global company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology interest you? Then a Production Manager role at Yunex Traffic is for you! Whatever your background, you’ll love your prospects at Yunex. The projects are stimulating, the mindset is innovative, and the rewards are excellent. With Yunex, you’ll receive training and support, and be encouraged to take ownership of your role from day one.
The Production Manager role is a key member of the management team overseeing and managing four production cells totalling approximately thirty team members. This role reports directly to the Head of Global Manufacturing and is a critical element in delivering our business results. With budgetary responsibility for your own area, you will deliver year-on-year productivity cost savings. With responsibility to maintain a production result which delivers on all our operational metrics and enhances the manufacturing financial performance. You will effectively balance demand and capacity while leading by example in promoting a zero defect and continuous improvement mindset.
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead the Signals and Systems (SAS) team in delivering on all the operational targets. Define and monitor appropriate KPIs and improvement targets together with management and function heads.
- Drive the lean deployment programme and continuous improvement culture across the team.
- Provide leadership, development and coaching of the SAS team, ensuring that we develop our employees’ careers effectively.
- Building the strategic and annual operating plans for SAS operations.
- Work cross functionally to ensure that results are delivered with a “one team” mentality.
- Represent the product line from a technical and customer facing perspective.
- Lead the seamless introduction of NPI projects in SAS.
- Customer experience is a key focus for us – ensuring we offer the best possible quality and delivery performance to our end customer is key to our continued success.
- Focus on improving lead times across the value streams and reducing inventory.
- Ensuring the team and processes can react quickly to external challenges and disruptions.
- Continuously improve operations and supporting processes, develop this mindset throughout the SAS team, engaging with the business and across functions to identify meaningful opportunities for improving business efficiency within SAS.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the manufacturing team, and act as a conduit between manufacturing and other business functions, interpreting business issues, and objectives strategies, to ensure communication is effective at all levels.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Be energetic and can lead a team through a period of change
- Ideally educated to Degree standard and be capable of working within a busy operational department.
- Lean deployment experience and be able to demonstrate improvements this has delivered.
- Has proven experience of managing assembly operations of varied product, from manual assembly to automated.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of material management, technical and process techniques.
- Has experience of initiating and implementing significant change programs and managing a variety of internal projects.
- Can communicate clearly on process performance and optimisation potential.
- Experience of managing and leading medium to large teams of people covering a wide range of levels and capabilities.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Annual, business performance related, bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’re Yunex Traffic. We have offices across the UK and worldwide, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow. We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Yunex Traffic (Siemens Company). Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is crucial to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time