Siemens Industry is looking for a Network and Data Engineer (0-3 years’ experience) for our Pomona, CA factory. Does the IoT intrigue you? Do you dream about a World that becomes virtual? Do you enjoy solving problems? Siemens is looking for people like you. Are you ready for the challenge?
Siemens Industry is looking for a Network and Data Engineer for our Pomona, CA factory. Our growing facility has one hundred and fifty employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our processes include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly, and test.
The ideal candidate has experience in manufacturing or industrial networking mixed with a strong skillset in data analysis and information technology.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Act as the primary point of contact from the POM facility to Siemens Technology and IT partners
- Act as a local liaison for IT vendors (i.e. onsite coordination for IT Vendor upgrades, maintenance)
- Become an Active participant in the IT Champion Community to help prepare and support new technology rollouts within the POM Facility
- Act as a local power user for operationally critical applications and platforms. Provide and/or facilitate individual coaching and trainings on key applications.
- Manage and facilitate support for critical Operational devices (i.e. Shop Floor machines, printers, RF Devices, etc.)
- Provide local support for the implementation and ongoing operations of Shop Floor technologies including CAD/CAM Integrations, Dynamic Materials Management, Optimation / Metamation
- Develop innovative network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs
- Support technology related special projects which directly support the POM Facility (i.e. New machine commissioning, CNC Programming)
- Design, implement and test programs in pilot production test environments.
- Contribute and support the planning, budgeting, design and alignment of service management processes and IT solutions landscapes.
- Support with data entry for new parts extended to engineering systems (MES, WMS, ERP)
- Develop dashboards to monitor IT devices and system health status
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to implement change to improve results.
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols, TCP/IP ports, subnetting
- Experience with Legacy operating systems including Windows NT, XP, 98, 7, 10
- Exposure to CNC Programming and integrations
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5 Years of hands-on IT Analysis and Support or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years’ experience with Industrial networking
- SAP Experience is a plus
- IOT, Raspberry Pi, Linux Experience (command line), scripting
- A+, Network+, Certifications
- Brady and Ricoh Printer Knowledge/Troubleshooting
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.