Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Quality Engineer. This position is located at Hoffman Estates, IL.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for:
· Approval, development and management of all direct and indirect quality relevant material suppliers, and to ensure the material received from them is conforming.
· Work cross-functionally in support of product development to ensure that that the supply chain is fully qualified before product release.
· Review design specifications and develop material inspection plans within the SAP ERP system to be used incoming inspection personnel to assess the conformance of received material. Provide assistance and guidance to inspection personnel as needed.
· Develop and maintain supplier performance KPl's and utilize them assess quality trends, performance target setting and verify effectiveness of implemented corrective action plans.
· Analyze the complexities and interrelationships of non-conforming material situations and determine the root cause as well what an effective corrective action plan would entail. Evaluate 80 responses from suppliers to formal corrective action requests (SCARs) for thoroughness and effectiveness.
· Proficiently use of basic statistical analysis methods and practices to analyze processes and corrective action plans to determine the state of control or effectiveness.
· Conduct on site supplier QMS and or process audits and drive corrective action plans
· Excellent decision making abilities showing awareness of risk and regulatory requirements. Evaluate options and solutions while using good judgment
· You will accompany and support customers during external reference site visits
· You will take part at the knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop our products and software solutions
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· Experienced in performing both quality system and product audits performed at a supplier or subcontractor facility both domestic and internationally. Have obtained sufficient audit training from an accredited source (ASQ or ANSI-RAB NAP) resulting in an ASQ-CQA or RAB certification.
· Achieved and maintained ASQ-CQE certification
· Knowledge / training of ISO 13485 and ISO 9000
· Received training and successfully implemented quality assurance methodology to analyze and control key process parameters (Six Sigma, SPC, gage R&R, FMEA, and Poke -Yoke, etc.)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office with emphasis on EXCEL. Minitab experience would be a plus
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Minimum of 5-8 years successful experience in quality discipline or related field, and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and job knowledge.
· Must have a BS degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.