At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities
Working Hours: S-Th: 10:00PM - 6:00AM
Siemens Large Drives is New Kensington, PA, is looking for an Assembly Technician. In this role and under close supervision, you will complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling. Reports directly to the Production Supervisor.Responsibilities
The Electro-Mechanical Technician Level I (Assembly Technician) will be responsible to wire and assemble drives, sub-assemblies and various components in accordance with engineering drawings, wiring schematics and bills of material utilizing hand and power tools in a team environment. Also responsible to:
- Through component assembly – fit, align, drill, cut, and/or grind materials (i.e., metal, glastic).
- Lift and position products to precise location using overhead crane and other material handling devices (i.e., power jack, fork truck). Move/position product as required.
- Maintain safe, clean, and orderly work area by utilizing 5S practices and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Adhere to all safety policies and utilize all PPE.
- Review and follow all ISO workmanship procedures
- Work with Quality Assurance to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Identify discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participates in Lean continual improvement initiatives.
- Assist less experienced associates.
- Work overtime as required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, advised, or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient use of basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities from engineering drawings, wiring schematics and bills of materials.
- Ability to climb to different heights and work at heights above waist level.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic math and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Experience in a production environment
- Minimum of one-year mechanical, electrical or related experience preferred.
- Basic digital literacy preferred.
- Associate degree in electrical or electronics preferred
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.