Overall responsibility and mission
Support technical and commercial team in oversee of projects and ensure that are completed on time and within budget. Project planning and scheduling is his/her core skill set. S/he also has governance role to ensure project is executed as per company’s standards and procedures. Her/his role extends to oversee office administration and management. S/he will be in charge of project control and scheduling team and overseas management and updated of the project schedule. The role also includes preparation and management of reports to all PMO’s department stakeholders.
Measurement of success
- Ontime update and submission of project scheduling deliverables.
- Generation and preparation of reports that meets the need for relevant information.
- Punctuality in addressing stakeholder’s needs for information or in completion of actions assigned.
- Follow up on all pending actions on PMO and those allocated to others for on time closure.
- Liaison and teamwork with entire project team to foster a collaborative teamwork environment.
- Proficiency in use of Primavera and scheduling tools. Developing schedules, critical path analysis, earned value analysis, forensic analysis, claim support.
- Proficiency in use of excel, power point and other Microsoft.
- Facilitating meetings and discussions constructively, taking minutes, assigning actions and following through with the teams.
- Management of the project scheduling team, setting targets and directions and overseeing production of contract deliverables related to schedule and planning department.
- Liaison with the consortium counterpart and the client in explaining the schedule, receiving comments and adjusting on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Supporting the head of the PMO in delivering all PMO’s tasks (setting strategy, facilitating meetings, providing mentoring and coaching, office management, executive support and long term and short-term planning, etc.)
- Ability to fill in for the department managers as and when needed.
- Take over the role of Head of PMO in her absence.
- Teamworking and flexible.
- Proficiency in oral and written English and excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of Primavera P6, Critical Path analysis, schedule resource loading, planning and prioritizing work activities.
- Minimum 10 years of transit system experience; specifically in planning, scheduling, cost control, and business reporting and analysis.
- Prior PMO experience.
- Bachelor in engineering; Master degree is a plus.
- Contracts and commercial awareness (warranties, etc.) is a plus.
- Previous experience of large-scale, billion-dollar public-sector transit system project highly desirable.
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus; and willing and capable to assume additional responsibilities.
- Prior demonstrated experience managing a group of five or more.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
- Must be a registered engineer with Saudi Council of Engineers, or equivalent.
Reporting line and Interfaces
Function: Project Management Office
Reports to: Head of PMO
Supports: Various under the direction of the line manager
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Branch KSA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time