Siemens Grand Prairie has an immediate need for a technology lead to interface with Siemens IT to ensure business servers, PC’s, tablets, and all other peripherals are compliant, operational, and secure. The plant runs 3 low voltage electrical apparatus production lines and 3 breaker production lines. It also includes a metal fabrication operation supplying all 3 electrical apparatus lines and two warehouses supplying all production lines.
As a member of the automation and digitalization team the end user engagement lead responsibilities include:
Lead all Siemens IT mandated projects –
- Develop the site plan
- Communicate with all stake holders and represent the site for all IT led initiatives
- Disseminate relevant information to entire site and provide support for end users when needed
Examples of IT lead projects could include:
- Windows OS upgrade
- Changes to file sharing
- Domain changes
- Office application upgrades
- Server OS upgrades
- Server replacements
- Network hardware upgrades or replacements
- Manage the sites hardware inventory (printers, PC’s, tablets, etc.)
- Ensure site owned servers are compliant with all Siemens security requirements
- Provide server administration for at least 1 print server
- Provide deskside support for all devices on local factory network
- Lead/Direct deskside support employee(s) focused on shop floor support
- Develop simple to follow processes for using self-guided tools
- Document and/or train on repetitive tasks enabling employees to become more self sufficient
Required Knowledge/Skills and Education:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired (Information Systems, Information Technology, etc.), although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and 3-5 years’ experience managing and supporting a Microsoft server environment
* Microsoft Certifications preferred: Modern Desktop Administrator and/or Windows Server Administrator
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, NAT, etc.
* Experience managing at least 1 Microsoft print server
* Experience supporting PC’s running a Microsoft operating system
* Experience working with Active Directory
* Experience building and deploying PC images, preferably using Acronis
* Good project planning skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
* Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reason.
* Good verbal and written communication skills. This position will require the candidate to clearly communicate IT topics with management, office employees, and shop floor operators.
* Very approachable. This position includes one-on-one interaction with managers, peers, and shopfloor workers.
* Good time management skills – the intent of this role is to reduce the amount of one-on-one support needed and transition office employees to a more self-guided solution. Managing time spent supporting vs. time working on projects will be critical.
* Project planning skills – Candidate is expected to manage his/her time and clearly show projects and unplanned incidents are being managed.
* Work well with a team – Candidate will be part of a high performing team with clear expectation and performance goals. The team is expected to support each other to ensure everyone succeeds.
* Comfortable presenting to a group of managers, peers, or shopfloor employees.
* Occasion travel.
* On-line and classroom training.
* Time spent on manufacturing floor learning and understanding manufacturing processes, challenges, etc.
* Various projects will require an alternate work schedule (i.e., nights and/or weekend hours).
* Several devices are up high and occasionally require riding in a lift, wearing a safety harness, and working from the lift.
* Physical labor is occasionally required (e.g., carry PCs, access cables or equipment under a table, ride in lift, dispose of electronics’ equipment, etc.)
This candidate will have opportunities to participate on various automation or digital technology projects. If candidate has a particular area of interest (e.g., data analytics, digital simulation, PLC programming, etc.), he/she would like to pursue, as user one-on-one support needs diminish, pursuing those opportunities will be encouraged and expected.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.