Are you a seasoned leader experienced in leading a diverse team of engineers and passionate to work on rail signalling projects in Melbourne? We would like to speak to you.
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure business supplies the global markets of rail and road-bound transport with innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and in the area of intermodal mobility, apps, and backend systems.
If you're interested to work as Engineering Manager and lead our very talented and diverse signalling design team in the Melbourne office, we’ll offer you the support to make it happen!
Change the future with us.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be the leader of our highly motivated and hardworking signalling team and, as such, will play a strategic role in the success of the organisation by delivering multiple challenging projects in the rail signalling domain.
- Be the engineering interface with key clients, as well as the internal stakeholders such as Project Management, Sales and Tendering in the matrix organisation.
- Ensure adequate competent engineering resources to meet the project demands.
- Communicate and plan with all other functional leads within Engineering to ensure overall team performance is optimised and issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Maintain the balance between delivery, competency growth, and succession planning for your team, and develop the team’s competencies.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity.
Use your skills to move the world forward:
- You are an accomplished leader with experience in managing high-performing diverse teams in a pressured environment.
- You have led and transformed a team of 15+ engineers in an efficient unit to deliver challenging projects as per the customers’ requirements.
- You are an experienced engineer with 15+ years of experience in the rail industry.
- We’d love to see your prior rail signalling projects experience.
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive, and relaxed working environment
- Industry-leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn, creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time