Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate in your final year? Join our graduate programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your graduate programme with us at Siemens!
Not really sure who Siemens are and what we do? Click here
to find out more.
Siemens in Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing and customer services for the global industrial market. We are looking for people who want to make a difference, are excited about the prospect of learning new skills and connect with our ownership culture.
Begin your journey with us whilst taking part in our rotational graduate development programme. We will work with you to create a tailored experience and ensure you develop skills and knowledge to kick start your professional career.
You will complete an intensive induction programme to provide a broad understanding of the business; its products and its processes followed by a cycle of 4 x 6 month placements working within different business areas, being engaged in real-life business projects and challenges. Career preferences will be discussed as you progress through the two year programme. The programme is designed to be flexible so that placements can be identified in line with your career aspirations, in conjunction with the evolving needs of the business. During these placements, you will be required to present your learning and recommendations, and demonstrate your progress, to our senior management team which will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to develop your profile within the business. All our graduates are supported towards professional registration and Chartered Status.
The Siemens Digital Industries Portfolio of hardware and software solutions help our Industrial Customers be more Productive, Efficient & Flexible while improving their environmental impact and sustainability. A typical day as an Engineering Graduate could see you:
- Working alongside project teams on innovative solutions for our customers.
- Travelling to customer sites to understand their challenges and how Siemens could support their future ambitions.
- Learning about cutting edge products or technologies and working on demonstration projects to excite customers and internal colleagues and to show how they have future potential.
- Work with our product management teams on innovative marketing projects to help engage and sell new and existing products in different ways.
- Speaking with our existing customers on how to improve or trouble shoot existing solutions with the potential to visit site and work on installation, commissioning, and maintenance of current equipment.
- Represent Siemens by working on Corporate Social Responsibility outreach programmes either with local schools and colleges or community engineering projects.
Siemens has a hybrid working environment with a collaborative office space to work from alongside working from home. We are planning for a future where we work 2 days in the office and 3 at home where business needs allow and provided this suits your personal welfare needs.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in an Engineering Discipline or a Digital / IT Discipline with a passion for technology and engineering.
- Passionate about technology and future focussed.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving.
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible and excited about working in an environment that encourages you to act as if Siemens were your own business.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the graduate development programme
will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering.
Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a competitive salary, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. (If the role is London based; a London Weighting allowance will also be offered).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time