Siemens Large Drives Applications (LDA) Nordic/Baltic is a market-leading global product- system- and service supplier of rotating machinery and variable speed drives in the medium- and high voltage segments, test applications for all industries, and heavy-duty rectifiers (HDR) used for electrolysis. We deliver products, solutions and services for Oil & Gas, Marine, and land-based industry in the Nordic and Baltic countries.
We are seeking to hire:
Designs, develops and manages customer projects within market segments Minerals and Heavy Duty Rectifiers for Industrial electrolysis processes, according to defined Project Management (PM) standards and customer requirements, and with responsibility for economic results.
- · Consults with customers on technical solutions, together with Sales Manager or Key Account Manager.
- · Clarifies customers´ targets and requirements, and/or specification in request for proposal (RFP).
- · Prepares participation in tender and leads negotiation with customers.
- · Coordinates overall planning of the project and decides on allocation of resources.
- · Clarifies specification and continuously liaise with accountable Product Lifecycle Manager.
- · Monitors milestone and adherence to budgets, and initiates actions to minimize non-conformance cost.
- · Maintains constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
- · May coordinate agreed commissioning measures onsite, together with Site Engineering Management.
- · May be allocated as a Site Manager during execution of projects at customer site
- · Adheres to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. Tax regulations, Export Control, EHS, QMS).
- · Manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff.
Travel activities in connection with project activities will be expected.
Experience and competence
We are looking for a person with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical /automation /mechanical engineering with min. 5 years of experience within engineering, service, maintenance, installation and commissioning work, and min 3 years’ experience in Project Mgmt. in the O&G or Industry process market. To succeed, you must have the ability to work both independently and in teams. You easily connect to people and have good communication and social skills.
We are looking for a flexible person who can plan and structure their own work, is customer-oriented, are service-minded, and like to stay up to date on modern technological developments. You must be fluent in English both written and oral. It is preferably to speak Norwegian and knowledge of German is an advantage.
You will receive good training in our project management procedures, advanced products and systems and will get to work with market-leading technology in a very competent professional environment. You will have an independent role with a lot of responsibility and very good opportunities for professional development.
There are very good career opportunities in Siemens, both in Norway and abroad. Siemens has a flexible working hours scheme which, among other things, includes paid time off on holiday “bridge” days. Of course, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. As an employee, you get access to a wide range of social activities through the Siemens Recreational and Sports Teams, which are organized by the employees.
Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. As one of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnostics. In infrastructure and industrial solutions, the company plays a pioneering role.
Contact person: Head of department, Magne Meland, Tel. +47 920 20 627.
Location: Oslo, Trondheim or Gothenburg.
Application deadline: 13.02.22
We use background checks as part of our recruitment process.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens AS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time