Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers:
· Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
· Participate in our celebrations and social events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This position is located at Hoffman Estates, IL.
You’ll be joining an experienced Mechanical Engineering department which promotes an open and collaborative team culture to develop innovative and market leading molecular imaging systems. Candidates should be comfortable with all aspects of the product life cycle as our development cycle begins with concept generation and ends with product sustaining. Our team utilizes cutting edge development tools including structural and thermal FEA as well as Agile development principles. Our engineers work closely with inhouse and remote manufacturing to ensure devices are designed for manufacturability while meeting service and cost needs.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Lead and operate within a cross-functional team made up of both technical and non-technical team members.
- Providing design concepts, material/design specifications, detailed part and assembly drawing drawings using Siemens NX with analysis where appropriate.
- Providing complete design, development and testing of both your work and that of others.
- Communicating technical and commercial issues, including working with in-house and outsourced manufacturing in a global environment.
- Recommending new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet functional requirements.
This position may suit you best if
- You are familiar with and practiced in structural design
- You have a working knowledge of electronics packaging for EMI/EMC
- Experience with liquid and/or air cooling of electronics
- You are interested in medical imaging and/or medical technology
- You are familiar with FDA/ISO design controls
- You are motivated to learn and develop your technical skills
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required
- MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of successful experience in related field
- 5+ years structural component design (seismic and other vibration analysis preferred)
- 5+ years designing in 3D CAD (NX preferred)
- 5+ years machine design
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.