Due to business growth, we are looking for a Service Delivery Engineer to join our Rolling Stock – Traction Drives business in Leeds.
The purpose of this role is to organise and fulfill the requirements of traction gearbox, motors and HVAC overhaul projects over the whole project lifecycle; preparing all necessary equipment and organising capacity requirements before undertaking each project or campaign providing efficiency whilst ensuring our strict quality standards.
This role is currently based at our Siemens Navigation Park site in Leeds but will transition to our new Siemens Mobility Manufacturing complex in Goole from January 2023.
What part will you play
- Pre-prepare each overhaul project which will include the organisation of special tooling, jigs and fixtures, parts and stock, specialist training and production capacity planning
- Undertake each overhaul as the responsible person for control of project from cradle to grave ensuring all delivery, cost and quality targets are hit
- Undertake order management responsibilities for overhaul projects ensuring SAP is kept up to date from point of order to delivery and invoicing
- Support the Sales team in ensuring their tenders for new projects are detailed, realistic in their offering and coherent with our production capabilities and capacities
- Make sure all design requirements are undertaken utilizing Visio and CAD where necessary
- Support customers in all their requirements and provide a world class service to them
- Experience with fast-track production within industrial manufacturing
- A good understanding of project management, planning and the rail industry or drive / rotating plant application industries (gearbox, coupling, motors or HVAC)
- Good communication skills are a must and the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people is essential
- Customers should be known to the candidate, as will be the major competitors, along with their comparative strengths and weaknesses
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic attitude with the ability to work to own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Qualified to HND/Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline or Project Management background with an APMP or Prince2 qualification (or working towards these)
- Proficient with CAD and Visio
- Experience and technical understanding of mechanical and/or electrical industrial or traction products and systems, technical support, manufacturing, workshop resource planning and order management systems are highly desirable for this role
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time