Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemist 1. Positions will be located in one of the following areas: Technical Operations or Reagent Manufacturing.
Our Biochemist 1 – Reagent Technical Operations positions are responsible for participating in and investigating technical issues related to the formulation and testing of immunoassay reagents and testing components. Individuals will create and participate in the Design of Experiments to troubleshoot manufacturing issues and effectively communicate your data both verbally and written with other departments such as Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Manufacturing, and R&D. Individuals will also operate the Atellica IM, ADVIA Centaur and ADVIA CP and other instruments in a laboratory setting. In addition, individuals will serve as the technical lead for projects related to material/formulation changes, manufacturing process changes, productivity savings, and specification changes
Our Biochemist 1 – Reagent Manufacturing positions are responsible for auditing Manufacturing documentation including Manufacturing Batch Records, Bills of Materials, Routings, Process Documents and SOP’s. Additional duties include working with Manufacturing Supervisor to coordinate and monitor day to day assignments of a group of Manufacturing Technicians, as well as providing training to qualify technicians for manufacturing activities. Individuals will also participate in identifying and initiates continuous improvement activities.
These positions involve the handling of all types of materials, including but not limited to hazardous and DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials.
Targeted Audience: 2022 Life Science college graduates.
Targeted start dates: New hires start dates will be determined by candidates work availability (may be prior to graduation date, if available to work).
Employer Sponsorship to work in the US is not available for these roles.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- The passion for healthcare, to improve patient outcome, and drive manufacturing excellence
- BS in Biology, Immunology, Virology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related Life Science fields
- 1-3 years of industrial or academic experience
- Basic understanding of the principles behind immunodiagnostic technologies
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and thrive on challenges
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to quickly change priorities to meet business needs
- Must pass a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) background check.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience include:
- Advanced degree: Biology, Immunology, Virology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related fields
- Past success with complex, high visibility, time sensitive projects
- Ability to quickly learn and understand state-of-the-art lab equipment.
- Experience with statistical tools for data analysis
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
We are globally recognized as an Employer of Choice, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of our most recent awards and recognition:
- Great Place to Work Certified 2021
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
- Best for Vets Employers by Military Times
- Glassdoor Employer Rating: 4.0
Review our Benefits Summary: Explore the Siemens Benefits QuickStart https://benefitsatshs.com/ website to learn about our competitive Benefits plans which we proudly offer to our regular full-time employees. The QuickStart website can be accessed by clicking the link above or by copying and pasting it into your web browser’s address bar and selecting “Thinking of Joining Siemens” to the left of the page.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specifics before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.